Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
reino134
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to reino134 Send a message via MSN to reino134 Send a message via Yahoo to reino134
01 ford escape 3 liter questions

I am looking at an 01 escape w/ 3.0 liter 95,000 miles. Test drove it and it seems to be fine. Is there anything I should be concerned about or check on this vehicle before I purchase it? Question 2, the cloth on all four interior door panels is coming off. I have never seen this happen on a car before, Is it a manufacturing defect, or something the previous owner did? Will spray adhesive take care of it , or will it stain the fabric?
thanks for your input
randy
reino134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
johnsonwingnut
AF Newbie

Re: 01 ford escape 3 liter questions

I also have a 2001 Escape 3.0 liter V-6. It had 86,000 on it when it was purchased from a co worker. It now has 113,000. Bought it for my son for college.

I have found that the 2001 with auto transmission have been known to get a "shudder" at speeds around 35-45 MPH. This also happened with mine. It was fixed with a transmission flush and a re-flash programming on the tranny computer settings. The early Escape (2001) use a different fluid and the flush makes a great deal of difference. I also replaced the spark plugs (all 6) and you have to take off the upper intake manifold to access the rear plugs. Not too hard to do, it just takes a couple of hours to remove and re install. I have also replaced a coil pack (one over each plug).
It really has been a good vehicle and since the minor repairs that were done it has run great for the last couple of years. I have had no other mechanical problems.
The gas mileage is not the greatest. 15-18 MPG but I have only put 24,000 miles on in the last 2 1/2 years. When gas jumped to $4 a gallon I got my son a more fuel efficent car but keep the Escape because it has worked so well.

My interior is leather and the panels do not show any of the problems that you expressed with the cloth door panels. I am not a FORD man per say, but I have been impressed with the Escape. 4WD has worked well also.
johnsonwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
reino134
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to reino134 Send a message via MSN to reino134 Send a message via Yahoo to reino134
Re: 01 ford escape 3 liter questions

Thanks for the reply! The info you gave is exactly what I was looking for
thanks again
reino134 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid