Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
carlover4
AF Newbie

Sorry but slightly off the point !

Hi, im 16 ive been studying to hopefully work for McLaren Automotive. I want to do Aeronautical Engineering in university in London. But i've looked on the careers option on the McLaren website and it says a mechanical or an automotive engineering degree is required for most vacancies. I know it's too early to decide but i was wondering if anyone with this knowledge could tell me if i would be accepted for having aeronautical degree providing i get one !
Thanks for your time,

Alex
carlover4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
psych0hans
AF Regular

Re: Sorry but slightly off the point !

it would be a tough call m8y... I personally think a degree in Aeronautics would probably not help you very much as far as Mclaren's concerned, but it may help you get a job for boeing... Why do you want to work for Mclaren anyway? are you willing to base your whole future on the hope of being able to drive one of those cars? Just my two cents worth.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." George W. Bush—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
psych0hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
carlover4
AF Newbie

I went to the factory in Woking and i could just imagine my self working there or on the racing team, for example pit crew. My father did aeronautical engineering and he then became a pilot but i have found i share more enthusiasm for racing and cars, bikes etc. I looked at the course available at a local university and they have partnerships with car and racing manufactures. Anyway thanks for replying i'll guess i'll post sometime in the future some more questions!

Thanx
carlover4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
psych0hans
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover4
I went to the factory in Woking and i could just imagine my self working there or on the racing team, for example pit crew. My father did aeronautical engineering and he then became a pilot but i have found i share more enthusiasm for racing and cars, bikes etc. I looked at the course available at a local university and they have partnerships with car and racing manufactures. Anyway thanks for replying i'll guess i'll post sometime in the future some more questions!

Thanx
Well, some of the principles of aeronautics do apply for cars... For example the same concept used to provide lift to an aircraft is used to provide the downforce to a car... So its not like an aeronautical degree will get you nowhere, just more on the design aspect of cars.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." George W. Bush—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
psych0hans is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > General Discussion