Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
hlcinva
AF Newbie

Question 04 dodge stratus driver side window wont go down

Today when I went to put my window down I heard a pop and now window won't go down. You can hear the motor running and I can move the window down if I push it. Could it be off track?
hlcinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

Re: 04 dodge stratus driver side window wont go down

Well being this cold weather now, it could be that the window froze in position and when you actuated the auto window open, it popped the window off the track. You'll need to open the door up, not hard at all. Remove some screws and/or maybe bolts from the armrest and pop the door interior off the plastic fasteners. Look inside and you will probably find the window disconnected. May need a new clip or something of the like, to reattach it. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to 82Stang For This Useful Post:
hlcinva (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
hlcinva
AF Newbie

Okay, so I pulled the door panel off and nothing looked off track. The window is very hard to move up and down freely. I plugged the harness in while I could see the motor and nothing is moving although you can hear the motor. Is there something else I need to be looking for. I am trying to avoid the cost of labor and I did find a used part for $50 and I think I will just have it replaced.
hlcinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlcinva View Post
Okay, so I pulled the door panel off and nothing looked off track. The window is very hard to move up and down freely. I plugged the harness in while I could see the motor and nothing is moving although you can hear the motor. Is there something else I need to be looking for. I am trying to avoid the cost of labor and I did find a used part for $50 and I think I will just have it replaced.
Not to worry. Replacing the window motor is easier than repositioning the window. Sounds like the motor is broke internally. If you have another motor to use in it's place, I think you'll find it is probably the source of your problem. This is something that you can easily do with a socket and screwdriver, saving you labor charges. And once installed, you can verify it works just like you did originally. Let me know if you run into anymore problems.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #5
spike1269
AF Newbie

yeah I would have to agree, there is a little spot weld on the inside of the motors. Although you can hear the motor moving the gear on the inside is not and thats where the problem lies.
spike1269 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
dodge , power , stratus , windows
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus