Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
bheston
AF Newbie

2003 2500HD 6.0L intermittent no power when accelerating

I've been fighting an intermittent issue for a while but is starting to get worse and need to get the bottom of it. 6.0L engine with 270k miles. Always starts great, when I pull out of the drive and press the accelerator, it might hesitate like it's running on half the cylinders, and do that for a several seconds, then it's like you flip a switch and it instantly takes off with full power. It will usually only do this once or twice when taking off then be fine for the rest of the trip. If I shut it off and it sits for any amount of time, even 10 min so the engine is still warm, it might do it again. One trip I had it act up almost every time I slowed down for a turn or stop, run like crap for a few seconds accelerating and then cut in and run fine again until I slowed down and accelerated again.

No engine codes present. I was suspecting a bad coil because I have had failing coils act like this before, so I put a new set in and no change.

I'm wondering about throttle position sensor or camshaft sensor. Anyone had experience with either of these going bad and causing intermittent issues like this? What can I test?

Any ideas or advice appreciated!
bheston is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra