Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
kenman1717
AF Regular

2006 ram 2500 5.7 no start

Truck is a 2006 ram 2500 powerwagon with the 5.7 gas.

This truck has been sitting for like 6 months or so. It was towed in to our shop to get fixed. Battery was dead, tried charging but it was no go, so I replaced the battery. it cranked over and ran for about 10 seconds, tried it again, just stumbled then it just cranked. I couldn't here the fuel pump run, and im not getting any fuel pressure on the gauge.

Scanned and got a whole bunch low power codes, which make sense and a whole bunch in the tipm. One of which was p127e fuel pump control circuit 2 open. was told the fuel pump was new but there was no fuel in the tank. Since I know tipms are really common on these trucks at least in northern Canada for corrosion, I unplugged each one of the connectors and every thing was green, the whole board of the tipm was nothing but corrosion.

I replaced the tipm with a used one, cleared all the codes out, put 20litres gas in the truck and the cranked it over. still not starting. checked fuel pressure, still zero. scanned again, a few different codes in the tipm, some of which will be fixed with a reprogram when the truck is running. but it still has the p127e for fuel pump circuit open. i've been suspecting the fuel pump is bad also, but my boss wanted to try the tipm first. i checked for power and ground coming out of the tipm with the fuel pump commanded on and it is present.

has anyone else ran into anything similar?
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10