Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Canada
Canada Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
bc_mkv
AF Newbie

Importing cars to Canada

Hi Guys,

I've been a member over on different Volkswagen forums for a while now. I shared this information and helped a few people over there so I thought I'd do the same here.

Well, last February I picked up a 2007 VW GTI from the USA. Mint condition, low kms, all the options I wanted and..... $7,000 less than the ones I was looking at in Canada!

After all said and done I paid $19k(this includes taxes, duty, shipping, everything) for more than I wanted and the same or better mileage than the one's I was looking at in Canada (they were all around $26,500+ after taxes)

The process took a while though and was frustrating even when looking online for help. Many people have the problem of wanting to import a car from the USA but not knowing where to start. I decided to solve the problem..

I spent about 2 months making the "Easy Guide to Importing". Breaking down the steps in a one-by-one fashion. If you guys wanna check it out and tell me what you think that'd be much appreciated! Spread the word too if you know anyone who's been looking at doing it.

Hope this helps to anyone who's been looking into it!
bc_mkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
bc_mkv
AF Newbie

Re: Importing cars to Canada

I guess it'd be more helpful to include the site! Haha...

www.automotiveforums.com

Last edited by Greenblurr93; 04-09-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: please leave advertising links out of posts.
bc_mkv is offline   Reply With Quote