Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
cayotic
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cayotic
OBD0 B16a Distributor

I'm doing my research prior in case I need to replace mine.

I use 88 CRX cap and rotor but I doubt the distro will work. How can I go about getting a 0BD0 distributor for my B16a. From my previous search I found http://www.distributorking.com/preview/en/honda.html Which is a great find. But in case they aren't around when mine goes tits up, and because it's good to have a backup plan, where else can I go or what else can I do. Aside from converting to obd1 unless it's easy. (Sure it would involve a new ECU so no...)

Thanks...

Click for pics!
cayotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: OBD0 B16a Distributor

CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
cayotic
AF Newbie

Nice... thanks, do you know if this a rebuild or just of a used motor. Either way as long as it gets me back on the road when mine goes tits up.

Do you guys know if these ppl are including the ignitor with the distributor? I know US parts stores sell them separate.

Click for pics!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

I believe they are just used. And I don't know if the ignitor is included; I just remembered seeing them on that site before.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #5
crxlvr
Slowest Automatic Civic

Send a message via AIM to crxlvr

its possible to use a dizzy from a integra if you chop off one of the legs from the mount.

Stable Of Cars I have Owned:
1991 Honda CRX
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
2003 Honda Accord
1998 Chrysler Concorde
2007 Honda Civic
1997 Toyota Camry
1995 Saturn SC2
1996 Ford Taurus
1991 GMC Sierra
2002 Daewoo Leganza
1999 Dodge Ram
2007 Honda CR-V
2003 BMW 325i
crxlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #6
cayotic
AF Newbie

Re: Re: OBD0 B16a Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxlvr
its possible to use a dizzy from a integra if you chop off one of the legs from the mount.

Yes, I know of one guy who has done it... I will have to ask which one he used though...

UPDATE:
I had a minor disagreement with some inclement weather. I repaired the guy's fence, hence no need to get the insurance involved. I chopped the front end from a crx at a junk yard and found a body shop that will weld it for $400.

(I have liability...)

So after going through this ordeal my distributor has decided to go tits up. After letting it sit it will eventually start up. [Sign] Honda dealer said that if the tach jumps upon starting the vehicle this is a small indicator that the igniter coil is going bad. [Sign] And lastly, when I tried to see if there was a spark on the number 1 spark plug it started when it wasn't firing a second before. So I plug in the number 1 plug/wire and try to start her. Nothing! So again, I remove the number 1 plug to see if it will spark before my eyes. The vehicle starts up, (on 3 cylinders), but not when the number 1 is plugged in. I watch it and it isn't firing. In frustration I put all my tools away and the car back together. Before I leave I try to start it one more time. VRRROOOOMMMMM! Someone said the igniter may not have enough to send a spark to all 4. (??)

This morning I drove it a little bit, shut it off, tried to start it and it stalled. Twice! So I think the theory about the igniter heating up and cooling down was enough for me to purchase a new distributor. The weird part is that I conducted this research 6 days prior to my accident. Not knowing I would need a distributor soon, but I did.

I tried Honline and they only have used distributors. They were open yesterday, memorial day, but DistributorKing was not. I almost bought the cheaper, used one just because they were open. Luckily I was able to cancel and get a brand new distributor with a 3 year warranty for $223 next day shipping. A far cry from the stock CRX distro that your local parts store will charge. We're talking at least $300+ core.

Click for pics!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat