Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
workplaydie
AF Newbie

99 Bonneville Aftermarket Stero Setup

I have a new Kenwood Excelon KDC-X589 cd deck installed, I want to replace the door speakers(5-1/4"+1"tweet on each door, two grilles per door) and the 6x9s in the rear. What is the best way to do this and does anybody recommend a certain Kenwood model for each set of speakers? Can I avoid removing my door panels? And how do I remove the 6x9s, from the trunk or removing the back seat? Also, I need to know if kenwood has a good/affordable 4 channel amp to power my front doors and the 6x9s, Im looking for at least 100x4 RMS. Also, I will be getting Two 12" or 10" woofs, where can I put them? I do not want to use the trunk. I listen to heavy metal and need help configuring a setup. I will be replacing all the factory speakers and powering them hopefully with just one amp but maybe two, and after that I will be getting the woofs and an amp for them, but what the heck do I do with them, I dont want a box in my backseat or in my trunk, any help will be appreciated.
workplaydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112
Re: 99 Bonneville Aftermarket Stero Setup

You can run them in there rear deck, but you will need to seal the deck as good as possible or build a small enclosure that mount under the deck so they act properly. If not alot of audiophile subs will play with no issue in a free air setup. Do you really need all kenwood stuff, they make good HU's and ok amps, but there speakers arent really the best. Id look on ebay for a set of good comps. ANd yes you will need to remove the door panels to put the new speakers in, unless you want to run something like a q-form in the kick panel instead. As for amps search back a few posts and you will see a list i got together for playstation3, as well as some other suggestions.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

I mounted my mids and tweets in kick panel pods and had an 8" sub glassed into each front door. I have just one amp, works out really good for me - especially for a daily driver. I have up 0 trunk space with this install.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
workplaydie
AF Newbie

Please inform me how to "glass" subs into my doors, is this tough to do? Also, for your mids and highs do you mean those 100-200 dollar panels that fit snug under the dash near the front driver's/passenger's feet? If so where can you find these at a good price? If installing 8" subs into 2-4 doors is possible than all I would need is a good component setup in front and I'd replace the 6x9s in back with aftermarket's and figure out the amp setup, this would be nice but I have a feeling 8" subs, especially high-quality ones, will not fit into any of my doors but I hope I'm wrong. Get back to me if you can, thanks. Chris
workplaydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
PlayStation3
AF Enthusiast

he is refering to fiberglassing them.
PlayStation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

you essentially build a fiberglass box on/into the door .... expensive but gets the job done, you won't need a pair in the rear doors. I know cardomain sells the qlogic kick panels. You can skip the rear 6X9's too.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio