Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
haloed666
AF Newbie

Smile Question about Bazooka!

Are Bazookas worth the investment? I have a Jeep Cherokee Sport and I can't afford to have half the trunk space taken by a sub and an amp. Besides, Bazookas are inexpensive.
My question is: What would be the best wattage (sp. check) that'd give out a reasonable amount of bass. I don't want the ultra heavy "booming" bass. I prefer "tight" bass, if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by haloed666; 06-29-2004 at 09:29 PM.
haloed666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: Question about Bazooka!

half the space? I have a jeep, you are kidding right? .5 cubes, and an amp is little to no space. No to the bazooka by the way. Oh and bass is spelled BASS, not base. Sub, will cost you around 70-90 dollars, depending. and an amp will cost you about 150 at the most. Or you can get a combo with both. and at most it will take up about .75 cubes with the amp. .5 cubes is a little less then the size that spare tire takes up. well I am pretty sure it is... I have made a few .5 cube boxes, but I forget what size the spare is
Old 06-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
haloed666
AF Newbie

It's not that there's no space for a Sub and an Amp but I need the space for other usage. Why "NO" to the bazooka?
haloed666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:31 AM   #4
r8erz4life
AF Enthusiast

i also say no to bazooka. they come with cartoons but id still rather have juicy fruit or even double mint. hope this helped...
r8erz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:40 AM   #5
CarSuperfreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CarSuperfreak

Bazooka is just a very entry-level company, and frankly you can get a lot better quality for the money. And because they are entry level, the only thing they are really concerned with is being able to hit low notes, tho not necessarily cleanly. Since you are looking for a good sound quality (sql) sub, I would stay away from Bazooka. Post some specs of what youre looking for (how much power, how much you want to spend, etc), and the people on here will gladly help you make a nice system.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #6
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: Re: Question about Bazooka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloed666
It's not that there's no space for a Sub and an Amp but I need the space for other usage. Why "NO" to the bazooka?
.5 cubes is like 3 times the size of the bazooka tube. The amp is a little more. I am sure you will have plenty of space for other use.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio