Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: What's your favorite muscle car.
1 ST Gen Camaro 67 44.97%
Corvette 13 8.72%
4 TH Gen Comaro 5 3.36%
Dodge Charger 8 5.37%
Hemi Baracuda 11 7.38%
Mustang 12 8.05%
AC Cobra 6 4.03%
Fairlane 2 1.34%
Trans AM 11 7.38%
GTO 14 9.40%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #1
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Cool What should Chevy's next step with the Camaro be.

I have a burning question, does anybody really care about the Camaro anymore. I love the Camaro personally, and I think that Chevy needs to relaese a retro version that refelects what got the whole idea of the Camaro going in the first place, and no idiot it would not look like a mustang, it would take the best of the first generation and the best of the last generation and combine them to make a car that will appeal to both generations of Camaro buyers, sounds good huh? Here's an idea of what it might look like.

http://hp-car.com/2005.html

David C. Atkin

Editor

http://hp-car.com
dcatkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:55 AM   #2
Musclecarclub
AF Enthusiast

Re: What should Chevy's next step with the Camaro be.

With the retro craze going, a remake of the 1st gen Camaro would be nice, especially with its smaller visual proportions.
Modifications: None - Totally stock!

Former owner of:
1969 Buick GS 400 Convertible
Modifications: 430 4bbl. V8 (from a '68 Riviera), Stage 1 spec Carb, headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, transmission shift kit, and column tachometer - to name a few ...
Musclecarclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: What should Chevy's next step with the Camaro be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclecarclub
With the retro craze going, a remake of the 1st gen Camaro would be nice, especially with its smaller visual proportions.
Well I've been hearing all kinds of stupid things about the re-releasing of the Camaro, form it's going to be replaced with what basically is a four door Vette, and this is just stupid if you ask me. I think it needs to be retro if they do it at all, leat's get back to the old days when an American muscle cars invoked terror in people when it came time to race, your going to tell me the word Hemi diden't strike terror in people, or ZL-1, L-88, LS-6, GTO Judge.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
carguyinok
AF Enthusiast

I like the looks of that retro Camaro
Even tho I like the looks I cant see it being any more then a dream car for most. I wish GM would use there heads and look at the market for who wants what GM could floor the car world real easy. Just by going back to basics. Produce a two door car without all the extras. No power windows, power locks, dvd player, or other BS. Toss in a option list of v6, SB V8, or BB V8 with auto, 5 speed, or 6 speed. In a rear wheel drive. #1 keep it affordable by useing what they have on the shelf. Like I said back to basics four wheels and a motor that people can get parts for. IMO there are more then enough super cars only the rich can play with. The last thing we need today is another 40k plus car.
Think about it wasnt that what the camaro WAS 60's - 80's. A fun basic car that reg people could buy new
good + cheap = not fast

Because the water has no speed limits
carguyinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #5
Reaper106
AF Newbie

Yo DC, The next step with the retro camaro should be. Big Block
Old 12-15-2003, 08:03 PM   #6
inspiron
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper106
Yo DC, The next step with the retro camaro should be. Big Block
HELL YEA! theres nothing i'd like more than and 1 type of car 2 door three hood scoops 4 seats 5 or 6 speed manual able to go from here to your girl friends house in 7 seconds and most impotantly the v8 9 litrers and 10second 1\4 mile
inspiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #7
98GPGT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguyinok
I like the looks of that retro Camaro
Even tho I like the looks I cant see it being any more then a dream car for most. I wish GM would use there heads and look at the market for who wants what GM could floor the car world real easy. Just by going back to basics. Produce a two door car without all the extras. No power windows, power locks, dvd player, or other BS. Toss in a option list of v6, SB V8, or BB V8 with auto, 5 speed, or 6 speed. In a rear wheel drive. #1 keep it affordable by useing what they have on the shelf. Like I said back to basics four wheels and a motor that people can get parts for. IMO there are more then enough super cars only the rich can play with. The last thing we need today is another 40k plus car.
Think about it wasnt that what the camaro WAS 60's - 80's. A fun basic car that reg people could buy new

You're totally right. They need to make a sports car with multiple options of engine size tranny and any luxuries. The camaro i've always thought of as the sports car for the masses. They need to bring it back that way. Plus the big block wouldn't hurt, that would be awesome. I also liked those camaro pictures. They look way better than new gto. The new gto doesn't even look like a gto. That camaro is beleivibly a camaro.
98GPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:54 AM   #8
Musclecarclub
AF Enthusiast

Bring back the big block. Why do only trucks, SUVs and Vipers get engines bigger than 350 cubes nowadays?
Modifications: None - Totally stock!

Former owner of:
1969 Buick GS 400 Convertible
Modifications: 430 4bbl. V8 (from a '68 Riviera), Stage 1 spec Carb, headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, transmission shift kit, and column tachometer - to name a few ...
Musclecarclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: What should Chevy's next step with the Camaro be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclecarclub
Bring back the big block. Why do only trucks, SUVs and Vipers get engines bigger than 350 cubes nowadays?
Quote:
Big block
Yes this is true, the Camaro should be brought back, with a retro 1 ST gen look, and should have the option to have a big block, the new 572 that Chevy's coming out with, and maybe a 454 and 502 option would be very nice,this is where you need to go to suggest an idea to Chevy http://www.gm.com/gmcomjsp/contactus/# and click on Chevrolet and then click Email us, put a mark in the radio button that says I would like to make a product suggestion and then click submit. This will take you to GM's new devices section, if you need you can email me at webmaster@hp-car.com and I can send you the form that you'll need to fill out for Chevy to consider your ideas. If you email me you'll need to have a PDF file viewer to read the file, and then you can print it from there and mail it, Chevy will only accept new ideas by regular mail and this is why you have to mail it. I will send people as meny oaf these forms as needed to get the point across to GM about this idea. I will also post the form on my site at the URL Http://hp-car.com/camaro.pdf

Last edited by dcatkin; 12-20-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:32 PM   #10
streethemi426
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: What should Chevy's next step with the Camaro be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatkin
Yes this is true, the Camaro should be brought back, with a retro 1 ST gen look, and should have the option to have a big block, the new 572 that Chevy's coming out with, and maybe a 454 and 502 option would be very nice,this is where you need to go to suggest an idea to Chevy http://www.gm.com/gmcomjsp/contactus/# and click on Chevrolet and then click Email us, put a mark in the radio button that says I would like to make a product suggestion and then click submit. This will take you to GM's new devices section, if you need you can email me at webmaster@hp-car.com and I can send you the form that you'll need to fill out for Chevy to consider your ideas. If you email me you'll need to have a PDF file viewer to read the file, and then you can print it from there and mail it, Chevy will only accept new ideas by regular mail and this is why you have to mail it. I will send people as meny oaf these forms as needed to get the point across to GM about this idea. I will also post the form on my site at the URL Http://hp-car.com/camaro.pdf
AS A BRITISH CAR ENTHUSIAST WHO LOVES MUSCLE CARS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS TO DROP A BIG BLOCK IN THE CAMARO,CORVETTE AND FIREBIRD 7.5 PLUS LITRES AS TOP ENGINE OPTION WITH 6 SPEED AND EVEN TRY 4X4 AS WELL SO ITS NOT JUST A STRIP RACER BUT CAN BE DRIVEN ON ROADS LIKE WE HAVE IN THE UK WHICH REQUIRE GRIP AND RALLY CAR STYLE HANDLING.TAKE A LOOK AT STI SCOOBY,ITS FAST IN STRAIGHT LINE AND CAN GO AROUND CORNERS,WHICH MEANS PEOPLE IN EUROPE CAN DRIVE THEM AT SPEED ON TWISTY ROADS,I THINK NOW AMERICA NEED TO DO THE SAME HAVE BIG V8 CARS,BUT AT THE SAME TIME MAKE IT ACCESABLE TO DIFFERANT TYPES OF ROAD NOT JUST STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE.
streethemi426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:14 AM   #11
ikus
AF Newbie

it should look like my numbers match 68 Z with the
302 dz 4sp
ikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:01 PM   #12
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

NO RETRO
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:37 PM   #13
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
NO RETRO

We need it guys, but will it happen. I realize that these things are done on sales, but do we care about that. I say all we care about is that the Camaro comes back, and with a big block 6 speed option. Chevy is releasing a 572 big block next year, it would be cool for them to stuff this beast into a Camaro huh?

David C. Atkin

Editor

http://hp-car.com
Old 01-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #14
Trancebot
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Trancebot
big block? the stock ls1 out performs almost any big block why would they need that? the only things a big block would do is:

increase weight
increase energy usage
reduce handling

and for what? an extra 50 stock horse?

you can get 400 hp out of a ls1 easy

there are 6bangers putting out more horsepower than old bigblocks...

i think most of you just like the sound of having a bigblock in your car... maybe to compensate for something else? lol

1993 cbr600f2 got crotchrocket?
Trancebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:33 PM   #15
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancebot
big block? the stock ls1 out performs almost any big block why would they need that? the only things a big block would do is:

increase weight
increase energy usage
reduce handling

and for what? an extra 50 stock horse?

you can get 400 hp out of a ls1 easy

there are 6bangers putting out more horsepower than old bigblocks...

i think most of you just like the sound of having a bigblock in your car... maybe to compensate for something else? lol
One word for you- TORQUE

And tell me a 6banger N/A thats putting out more HP than even the most mild 396 that had 325 HP.
Oh yeah, that 325 comes with 410 ft/lbs too.
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical