Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #1
No-Townhustla
AF Enthusiast

stereo deck wont turn on?

wasup I got a kdlh1000 jvc deck the kind that changes colors, But The problem aint with the deck it has something to do with my wire harness because when i hook the deck up to the battery it works but when I hook it up through the harness it wont work. Is there some fuse or something thats blocking the flow of power?
No-Townhustla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
No-Townhustla
AF Enthusiast

THanx BUT I fixed the problem only thing now is that my stereo doesnt save my settings anyone know if maybe i got a wire crossed oe something?
Old 10-10-2003, 08:36 AM   #3
ssjwizard
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ssjwizard Send a message via Yahoo to ssjwizard
i can tell you exactly why. ok your stereo wouldnt power up cus you have to have power coming across the standing 12V(continus line) and the AAC line before it will power up. your clock fuse is probably poped. im assuming you twisted the red and yello lines togeather to the aac line am i right. by this you do not have power going to the stereo when the car is off and it clears the memory. check your fuses get a multi meter and check all the wires down there for live voltage while the car is off.
ssjwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:52 PM   #4
No-Townhustla
AF Enthusiast

Yea thats what i did because when I try hooking it up the normal way red to red yellow to yellow It wont power up? So you think i blew the fuse on the deck because i changed it a couple times and it still wouldnt start so the only way was hooking up the red and yellow together. Whats a muti meter plz explain. Which one is the aac line is it the same as the red? Thanx wiz
Old 10-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #5
ssjwizard
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ssjwizard Send a message via Yahoo to ssjwizard
ok the aac line is the power wire thats only hot when the key is set to aac or on thats the red line on your deck inthe car thats a diffrent story. ok the yellow is constant voltage. when i say you poped a fuse i dont mean the deck fuse i mean in your main fusebox. its a fuse for your clock/radio memory and such.

a multi meter is a tool that is used to run multiple types of electrical tests. it will test ohm resistance, connection, voltage and a few other things. ok what you need to do is take the negative side of the multimeter and ground it to something and probe every wire down there in your dash and find one that is live when the car is turned off thats your constant line. if you get tired of looking or cant find it just run it back out to the battery or pick a wire on thats live for something else in the dash there should be a couple.
ssjwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
No-Townhustla
AF Enthusiast

thanx for advice