Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
samcatluth
AF Newbie

2000 toyota camry, keeper or not

HI all first post.....I have a 2000 Camry that is in great mechanical shape but the body is a mess. It is rusted, probably needs a new front and rear bumper, new windshield, the right rear panel is rusted out, and if I get all that fixed it probably needs a new coat of paint. It has 123,000 miles on it. Before you think I am crazy for considering it the wife drives 12 miles to work. I drive one mile to work. She can drive my 2010 Corolla with 32,000 miles on it; I would get the fixed up Camry. If I spend $$$ fixing it up I will still be ahead compared to buying a new car given how little mileage we put on our cars. So the big question....should I give it to my corner garage (they will give me $1500 for it) and buy another car or fix it up? thanks Jeff B
samcatluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
Jhoell
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 toyota camry, keeper or not

Fix it up. Getting the best car detailing services is the key. It’s the modern world, remember? Hairstyles and apparel don’t define us anymore, cars do!
Jhoell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #3
Janna Cordero
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcatluth View Post
HI all first post.....I have a 2000 Camry that is in great mechanical shape but the body is a mess. It is rusted, probably needs a new front and rear bumper, new windshield, the right rear panel is rusted out, and if I get all that fixed it probably needs a new coat of paint. It has 123,000 miles on it. Before you think I am crazy for considering it the wife drives 12 miles to work. I drive one mile to work. She can drive my 2010 Corolla with 32,000 miles on it; I would get the fixed up Camry. If I spend $$$ fixing it up I will still be ahead compared to buying a new car given how little mileage we put on our cars. So the big question....should I give it to my corner garage (they will give me $1500 for it) and buy another car or fix it up? thanks Jeff B
Hi, I would agree just to fix it up. My husband here is telling me that it is better than other new cars based on its performance. So, 2000 Toyota Camry for us is more on a keeper.
Janna Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
vinylindigo
AF Newbie

my sister in law drives a toyota camry, and the performance is great.I suggest that you fix it up.
vinylindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
peter123wallace
AF Newbie

Fix that baby up! I love the 2000 Camry
peter123wallace is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General