Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
pm116
AF Newbie

Question Android Car Audio and Navigation

I've mount a Samsung Tablet into my car. The 7" fits very well into the stock deck. The audio is transmitted via normal Aux-in. My basic problem was the powering. At the moment I thought just one option: The power of the tablet is connected to the permanent car power. Then the tablet will be available all the time. I guess the power consumption is low enough that the car battery drainage will not be a problem.

Any Insights on this?

Another issue i had is that there wasn't a way to have the tablet power on when you turn the car on like a stereo. Well, i guess there is Tasker, but it's a paid app and relatively complicated. Some days ago i stumbled upon an app that definitely seems to simplify this basic purpose. It is called Autosleeper Auto power ON-OFF. Is there anyone who has used it? I am quite happy with it's performance, but i'd like some feedback for this app or alternatives i can use...free is always preferred.

Last edited by PaulD; 03-14-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: links not allowed
pm116 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio