Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:31 AM   #61
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Re: Geo HA

ive noticed that about geo owners, they all always like to make jokes about their geos and beat the shit out of them. A buddy of mine had one, he beat the crap outa that thing, he used to put spare tires on it just so he could smoke them. One time he tried jumping this hill in a field next to my work, funniest thing ive ever seen, he didnt get very high but when he landed the front end dug into the grass a tore a strip of grass about 2 feet long.

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
Old 05-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #62
Faze2183
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Faze2183 Send a message via Yahoo to Faze2183
i bet a geo with its 3 banger could beat a 20b mazda 3 rotor
j/k

:::::runs and hides from the dog ons::::::
Old 05-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #63
insomica
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to insomica Send a message via Yahoo to insomica
Re: Re: Geo HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
ive noticed that about geo owners, they all always like to make jokes about their geos and beat the shit out of them. A buddy of mine had one, he beat the crap outa that thing, he used to put spare tires on it just so he could smoke them. One time he tried jumping this hill in a field next to my work, funniest thing ive ever seen, he didnt get very high but when he landed the front end dug into the grass a tore a strip of grass about 2 feet long.
So geos can take a lot of abuse.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #64
geozukigti
AF Enthusiast

Lol, yep, they can. My old 3banger automatic ran @ 4600RPM's@80mph. I could run that thing 40 miles each way, every day, for over a year, and it still ran great when I sold it. I even beat the crap out of it (flooring it constantly) in city driving. And it still got 30mpg on average. I could pull 45 if I ran it gently. The 3cyl isn't a very powerful motor for a car, but damn, I'd like to see a chevy 5.7L run at 4600+RPM's for 80 miles, every day. It wouldn't last a month, lol.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #65
yokimota
AF Newbie

haha i liked that one about jumpin it. my friend has this field by his house n it has like baja type jumps its a dirt...more sandy road n theres mounds. i actually probably catch decent air nothin huge but its crazy
Old 05-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #66
geozukigti
AF Enthusiast

I've got a video of an ooold 87 swift going over a loading ramp at 40mph, heh. I'll upload it to my web server 2nite, and post it. I've got an baaad crash video of an 88 Swift GTi rally car too. I'll post them both 2nite in a different thread. I think it'll please the hater community, lol.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:49 PM   #67
helitiminaz
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Geo HA

Amen. I have a 93 with 130K miles. It was $7200 brand new. I bought because if I had something really fast, I wouldn't have my license now. When I pass cops, they don't bother me. It's plenty fast for city driving. I get in front of the big trucks at the lights and staying if front gives me a good view of traffic ahead for safety. Big trucks stomp on it and get <10mpg, while I still get 30+mpg. Maintainance has been tires, and I finally changed the timing belt, just because I was fixing a minor oil leak. My Metro rocks. It pays me now. BTW, I have an 00 Astro, and 00 Elantra,which both need repairs far more frequently. I am in the market for a really safe vehicle for my 18 year old daughter though. She won't drive the Metro unless she has to (it's an image thing).

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMaster
New to this site, but this is exactly what I'm looking for. All we need now is more ppl to participate.

The Geo Metros are a great choice for an automobile for many reasons.

1) Cheap as dirt. A used geo can cost anywhere between 200 and 5000 dollars; and almost every Metro engine out there will last for 150k miles if not more. Need new tires? No problem, the metros roll on 12's - rubber for these is kinda hard to find, but still dirt cheap.

2) Safe. Yes, I said safe. A metro (that hasnt been modded out) will never exceed 90mph, and anything over 60 is so scary that it causes the driver to panic and slow down. Granted, when a Ford Excursion and a Geo Metro collide, the Geo Driver is likely to die, making it all the more important for a Geo driver to pay attention constantly in order to avoid death; and thereby making it even safer to drive a geo metro.

3) FUN!!! Geo Metros are fun as hell if you treat them as jokes. Crack jokes about your metro and everyone will laugh. Tell people your car is a 3 cylinder and watch them stare blankly at you. Fill a metro full of friends and see how fast you can make it go! Create your own parts with misc. things from Home Depot (Air Intakes, Hood Scoops!)... You wont even feel that bad if you want to hit your car with a sledge hammer because you only paid $500 for it anyway. Once you hit the realization that you are not going to sell your car to anyone, that after you its getting smashed, then you can do whatever you want to it! Drill a hole in the roof and put a stobe light on top, (illegal in most states) but you cant do that in a Honda Accord or a Chevy Camaro (unless you WANT to waste your money)...

4) Money $$$. This ties in with reason #1.. Since GEO Metros are DIRT cheap, you can buy a decent '89 metro for $700 and drive it for probably another 50k miles at least (depending on a lot of things, but generally speaking geos last forever) versus spending $12k-25k on a new mid-class car and losing $4-15k over the same period of time driving the same ammount of miles! The geo is the smart solution, save your $$ and drive a GEO! The insurance is cheap as salt water Honalulu, and gas mileage can be upwards of 50mpg! Tires are cheap, brakes are cheap, and after the tranny wears out... well forget about it and keep driving anyway.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #68
Staypuff
AF Newbie

my rc car goes faster then your car also, and im not kidding. im not talking about my geo im talking about a real rc car. beats my geo, beats my friends pos cav by a mile and makes a mustang look like a rusted bike
Old 10-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #69
geozukigti
AF Enthusiast

Damn! I wanna see that car in action! I've seen some videos of R/C cars that go 200mph, but they're tied to a cable going in a circle.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #70
Staypuff
AF Newbie

lol i neglected to read pages 2,3,4,5 before i posted. thats why the r/c car comment is out of the blue. otherwise yeah i just bought a 93 metro of my niegbor for 550$. across the street i have 2 churches and they bothe have elevated arking lots compared to the street. EVERYONE i have seen go in and out of them scraps and oddly enough i go for a joy ride with a friend and doin about 15 or so out of the lot and didnt touch a thing. i was stunned i didnt scrap and it took me a while to stop laughing about it.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #71
wikkymaster
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to wikkymaster
whoa wait a minute im the friend with the "pos cavalier" your talking about, first of all your r/c car will beat me for like a block until it tops out at 30 mph and how can you call my '00 cavalier a pos if you drive a 93 3 cyl metro with rust holes on the hood and doors. please look who is talking before criticizing other's cars. i like my car a lot and almost anyone would take it over yours. ty have a good day
Old 12-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #72
avfan
AF Enthusiast

Now,I don't know about you other metro owners but nothing makes me happier than taking my 3 cyl metro over vail pass and through the eisenhower tunnel. Its really fun to do it as you go by the newer cars that are all over heated and vapor locked. I like to drive by them with my wife 3kids in the back and the back full of luggage and wave
. We may only be going 35 mph but at least we are going!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #73
wikkymaster
AF Newbie

dont get me wrong i think metros are fun cars but they certainly arent good race car candidates sry to inform you
Old 12-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #74
capritoms
AF Newbie

If you are wanting a race car buy one. A cavalier isn't a race car either. Fast and the Furious made everyone think that anything that looks aerodynamic is a race car. The Hyundai Tiberon is a great example aerodynamic looking but couldn't get out of its own way.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #75
wikkymaster
AF Newbie

yes i agree, he always gives me beef about having a cavalier while he is the one driving a 500 dollar metro, and it makes me mad thats all.