Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
kg1122
AF Newbie

quetion about buying a muscle car.

I would like to buy a muscle car but cant afford the real deal. I was wondering whether cars that have been restored are worth buying. Since they are so much cheaper i was thinking of buying one but didnt want to throw my money away. im new to all this so i have no clue about what to buy. Please help! any information would be greatly apreciated.
kg1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: quetion about buying a muscle car.

Don't understand the questioin... If a car has been restored, it usually costs more, not less, than an unrestored car. Do you mean a "clone"? (non-perfrormance car modified to LOOK like a performance car, example: Malibu changed to look like an SS)

Please, be more specific.

Jim
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
kg1122
AF Newbie

It seems like that some cars are up to 30,000 dollars and that is an original . Others are as cheap as 7,000 or 8,000 dollars. Both ad's say that the cars are in perfect condition and both have the same features. Why is one car more expensive than the other? Both advertisements say that the cars were restored. It could very easily be a clone but is not advertised as such. Is there a place anyone would recommend that I can read and understand the differences between cars. I would really like to buy something but don't want to get ripped off.
kg1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
blkmonday
AF Regular

it really depends on what your looking to do with the car. are you looking for a show winner or a cruiser or a daily driver? a car that has had a frame off restoration from and experienced restoration place is obviously going to cost far more and be worth far more than a car a guy "restored" by going to maaco for a cheap paint job and armour alled the interior. there are a lot of factors that go with what a car is worth. an all original car in mint shape can be worth more than a restored vehicle because of the history of the car and yet a properly restored car can be worth more than an original car because it is flawless or has a better than factory paint job. it really depends on what your personally looking for. find a car that fits you and your needs. stay in your budget. and enjoy what you buy.
blkmonday is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical