Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:08 AM   #1
dogvee
AF Newbie

correct ECU for 92 GM TBI with D1 hot

I purchased a16146299 ECU for a 92 GMC truck/van to replace one that was missing. I don't know what number the original ECU was. When I installed the ECU it didn't activate the fuel pump and the case had positive (12v.) power to it. I read an article on the internet that this ECU and the 1227747 were interchangable however the article stated that terminal D1 was to ground and the diagram (747) showed it to be a black/white wire. My van diagram shows D1 as hot all times and an orange wire. My van has an orange wire on D1. When I checked continuity on 4 other similar ECU's and this one they all showed continuity between D1, D2, and the case. Since D2 is supposed to be ground on my vehicle I conclude that GM made different ECU's possibly with the same numbers that plug into the same harness connection; one having D1 hot and the other D1 ground.

Can anyone confirm this and suggest how to specify the correct ECU having D1 hot (orange wire on harness)?
dogvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
INF3RN0666
AF Regular

Re: correct ECU for 92 GM TBI with D1 hot

LOL, oh man I just had this exact same problem. I bought an ECU for my 00 impala. Funny thing is, I got the HDWV number off AllData and it turned out to be the wrong part. There goes $40 down the drain... It plugs in and everything, but I don't get a reading from the fuel guage, and the fuel pump fails to engage.
INF3RN0666 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical