Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
WWWilkie
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to WWWilkie
Unhappy 99 Concorde 3.2L eats Body Control Modules!

And I'm here to ask WHY. The dealership keeps putting in Body Control Modules under warranty and the car keeps burning them out. The car runs fine, just no indicators, the instrument panel is lit up like a Christmas tree, and the heat blows full blast. Something in the car's electrical system is intermittently shorting out the BCM. One module lasted almost a year, another lasted 2 months. There really is no way to troubleshoot such an intermittent problem, so I'm here to ask you experts what the possible culprits could be.

Is this a common problem in 1999 Concordes? If not, what in the electrical system could be shorting out and feeding back to the BCM? EVERYTHING on the car works (electrically). The AC has been out for years, but other than this issue it's good, reliable transportation.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!
WWWilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
bjaymo3
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bjaymo3
Re: 99 Concorde 3.2L eats Body Control Modules!

Did you ever get an answer? My 94 is definitely shorting to ground somewhere and I keep seeing the full 12V on the "red" side of the headlamp fuse and the ac clutch relay (which burns up as soon as I put it in). These are the fuses and relay "under the hood". Already has to replace the Automatic Temperature Control but, of course, can't run the AC due to the relay blowing.
bjaymo3 is offline   Reply With Quote