Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Prairie | Liberty | Axxess | Bassara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 07:35 PM   #1
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Why Axxess?

Why do we have a forum dedicated to a mini van?

LOL

I know it's a Nissan but...come on!

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:26 AM   #2
SpeedFreakTom
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreakTom
why do we have a forum where the only post is asking why the forum is even there in the first place??

If pot is wrong does that mean God made a mistake??

Here's a spoon, now go eat my ass!
(Thank You KidRocket for being the ONLY other person on earth I know to use this line!)
SpeedFreakTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 01:58 AM   #3
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
It can expand (briefly). Look at the Tino forum

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:45 PM   #4
mtcookson
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mtcookson Send a message via Yahoo to mtcookson
dude!!! why have the axxess forum on here??? the axxess is a perfect sleeper. it has a ka24 with an awd 5-speed as an option. build it up and turbo it that would be sweet. and it's not too heavy either, a little over 3000 if i remember correctly.
mtcookson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:18 AM   #5
leolo007
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to leolo007 Send a message via AIM to leolo007
Re: Why Axxess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcookson
dude!!! why have the axxess forum on here??? the axxess is a perfect sleeper. it has a ka24 with an awd 5-speed as an option. build it up and turbo it that would be sweet. and it's not too heavy either, a little over 3000 if i remember correctly.
Go for it!!
leolo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
sishinthin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sishinthin
Damn right!!!

Um everything he said is 100% true. I just bought one for $300. I own a Slammed/modded 89' hardbody, a 79' pontiac firebird with a fully machined/balanced built sbc (I still hate american cars, but I like this car. Unfortunatly though, it's for sale due to a hike in tuition costs, anyone want a firebird?), my prized vg30e s12 200sx, and of course, the van. But of all these, the van is becoming way too much fun to leave alone.

Mine's an xe, 2wd, 5-speed, ka24e, with the two-tone light-blue/dark-blue paint job (love it, looks like the ocean).

I purchased the van as a winter-beater on the pretense that it would be a reliable cheap vehicle that I wouldn't be able to modify more than a bangin' system. Got it, drove it back from MN to MI, had too much fun. It'll spin the front wheels (actually one of them, no posi yet) all the way through first gear, the tires are crappy but it's still mad impressive. Then, on the last 5 miles before home, I outright stomped a riced-out celica gt-s. He was so pissed I swear I'd die laughing, it even handles ok. It's got four-corner MacPherson struts, so I'm designing strut-tower bars, fat swaybars, and looking for an interchange for eibach progressives so I can slam it hard. (Anybody with spring info please share, the 4wd share maxima struts up front, but I don't know about 2wd). I've already made an exhaust manifold back 2 1/2" stainless exhaust system ending in a $30 eBay bought tanabe wannabe titanium fart-can muffler. This vehicle is going to be my ultimate ricer (the people with more stickers than engine mods, I figure your spoiler height (in mm) should be less than the engines' output (in hp)) insult. I'm going all-out, 18" motegi's and all. And I'm thinking maybe even a spoiler off a superbird, or not. But a ca18det is on the way, seriously.

Other interesting things I love about this van:
Dual sliding rear doors with roll-down windows in them
Cool stock paint job
Even the most basic model I got has power locks, windows, and A/C
It's got a useable third row (5'6" and under only)
The second row is very comfortable, with separate L & R reclining seats and fold-down center armrest.
Automatic front seatbelts
Power mirrors
cruise
Oh yeah, due to some underhood cooling problems, the dealer will replace any non-functioning accessories for free, yes, free. It's covered under a recall, and if you feel the vehicle still isn't safe, nissan of america will buy it back from you, don't know how much but weeeeehhhhhh, I love this van. If you think I'm full of bull, go to autotrader.com , do used car research, look up an axxess, click safety, read the recalls, then get really jealous, or buy one and help me lead a revolution. I so want a 4wd though.

But with every vehicle, there's bad too:
Looks like a Mitsu expo stock
Brakes suck (but upgrade to 4 wheel disc via 4lug maxima hubs)
Engine sucks a$$ to work on (hardest nissan engine installation I've ever worked on)
Big A$$ windshield that has to be expensive to replace
Hard to find parts are expensive (almost as bad as a VW, but I've just started adapting maxima/stanza parts instead)
Zero aftermarket parts (Basically a stanza, but even those are pretty much left alone as well, alot of other nissan parts seem to adapt really easy though)
Oh, did I metion the engine sucks to work on (1" between left strut tower and accessories, and a engine mount sitting on top of it all, it sucks soo much.)
Old 10-11-2003, 10:48 PM   #7
mtcookson
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mtcookson Send a message via Yahoo to mtcookson
Re: Damn right!!!

yeah, i've always wanted to get an awd version to screw around with. that would be sweet. you definately have to post up pictures when you get the ca18 in there. that would kick some ass!

mtcookson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:10 PM   #8
sishinthin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sishinthin
There's a bunch for sale on autotrader including a awd 5-spd now, if you got a fam to tote around it's definatly a nice vehicle as far as vans go. My parents said they would've bought an axxess instead of their chrysler van had they know axxess's exsisted.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #9
mtdxx
AF Regular

I always thought they were kind of cool looking. I like the plain look!
mtdxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #10
canook
AF Newbie

Re: Why Axxess?

I own a 1994 Axxess AWD, love this little van. Since ive had it, ive had the transmission rebuilt and swapped the motor out with one from a stanza. The left slider door handle has broken from over use but i am working on replacing it, the door panel is a pain to get off. there are lots of parts available around here so if anyone need anything besides a transmission or engine which are kinda hard to find espeically for a AWD email me
canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #11
pteranodon
AF Newbie

Axxess recall.....not!

Autotrader has the wrong info. The recalls it cites are for the older Nissan Van, sometimes called the Vanette. I called Nissan and the NHST and was told that the AXXESS has NEVER HAD A RECALL!
pteranodon is offline   Reply With Quote