Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Prairie | Liberty | Axxess | Bassara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #1
akfireman
AF Newbie

parts costs for axxess

I have a 90 axxess and was wondering if anyone else out there has found that the parts are very expensive because of the limited availability, I have 175,000 miles on mine and it started knocking, i think its a lifter, has anyone changed out the motor, i was wondering if maybe it was also in another model nissan and would be available at a cheaper cost.
akfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
sishinthin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sishinthin
I'm here to save you!!! Fellow AXXESS'er

Dude, sweet!! Tell me more about your axxess! Mine's a 2wd 5-speed xe. Yes, parts are very cheap and available for this motor. The front end drivetrain is basically a stanza of similar year. How mechanically inclined are you? First thing you should do is pull the valve cover. Look down the left side inside, if you see black plastic chunks, start really considering; your mechanical capabilities, your buget, how much you like the van and it's general condition, because you're kinda sol.
As far as parts, valvetrain is the same as any ka24e (89-94... 240sx, truck, stanza). And all your accessories are free due to a dealer recall, so that means you don't have to buy alternators etc. Go to autotrader.com, click used car research, click in axxess, click safety, read recalls, become ecstatic.

Tell me more about your van

Wanna make it faster? Or just make it run?

Please see the other post I made under "Why an axxess?"
Old 01-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
abunaitoo
AF Newbie

Question Recall

I've read about the recalls. I bought my Axxess new and never got anything about any recalls.
Would you know how long the recall is good for????
Any idea Who I would contact to find out????
I luv this little thing. Got it for football tailgate. At the time it was the only mini van with two sliding doors. Never gave me any trouble so far. Front bushings making noise (like all Nissans), exaust has been changed three times, and exaust manifold studs had to be replaced once. Other than that, nothing. Great little van.
abunaitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
pteranodon
AF Newbie

No Axxess Recall

The information on AutoTrader.com about recalls for Nissan Axxess is wrong. It actually applies to the Nissan Van, an earlier model.

According to the NHST, there has never been a recall on Nissan Axxess.
pteranodon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Prairie | Liberty | Axxess | Bassara