Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
Stripes27
AF Newbie

1998 EGR Control Solenoid working opposite

I have a 1998 Nissan pathfinder that i need to pass smog but it failed due to high NO2. Was told that it was a problem with the EGR system.

I did a vacuum test on the whole system and narrowed it down to the EGR vacuum control solenoid. It seems to be functioning in the opposite operation. It opens to allow vacuum to go to the EGR valve during idle and coasting with my foot off the gas (very minimal vaccum, not enough to cause an effect because the back pressure transducer bleeds it off before it gets to the actual EGR valve), and closes all vacuum during acceleration and cruise. I noticed that if i floor the pedal to the ground from a dead stop I'll get some vacuum during the acceleration at about 4000rpm. It seems anytime I put my foot on the gas the solenoid closes.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Just to clerify:

-Egr solenoid is receiving enough manifold vacuum (no leaks)
-Backpressure transducer is functioning properly
-Egr valve is functioning properly and not sticking or clogged
Stripes27 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail