Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
tehskhg
AF Newbie

Engine cannot start sometime and getting worst.

I own 2001 escape 2.0L (dane 195K Km). After driving for 2.5 years it started to have problem of not able to start sometime(need to crank for few times), sometime in the morning(cold engine) and mostly after driving for some distance.So i send to Ford Service and they plug in WDS and detected possibility of PCM(Powertrain Control Module) malfuntion, after 'checking' the rest of posibilities.So they place order for it and my car was lying in workshop for 2 weeks cos they said it 'very seldom' happen.
3 days ago, happily i drove the car out (replacement of PCM n labour cost me US1000 ) cos this is long holiday.Sameday engine cannot start once. Second day cannot start once also .Third day cannot start twice and at night after dinner cannot start at all. These few days is still holiday and i can't contact them yet.
Can anyone suggest what is the problem?
Thanks in advance.
tehskhg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid