Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
typ911S
AF Newbie

Re: 24h ADAC Rennen

This guy posted a press release by Porsche. Apparently Romain was low on fuel (Olaf thought they would only do 154 laps) so he gave up third and plans to wait before the line. Then his engine stalled and he still crossed the line. No idea why he couldn't brake without his engine running.

What's more confusing is that the number 11 is not classified. After the race there was an official timing screen with the number 11 in fourth place, but now they disappeared from the results. They did not finish their 155th lap, but still they did more laps than most of the contenders.
typ911S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

after I've seen both the 24 h (le mans and ring) think the german one is a little more human and still with that "fiesta" ambient nowaday missing in too many modern races, as Le mans.
The place in germany is also much nicer imho.and u still have the opportunity to see also normal cars and normal sunday pilots trying their skill over a so difficult track.

Le mans race is the serious stuff.
No longer newbees, no longer gaming, no BS, no kids from megatuning (sigh Nina is Nina btw..).
Just speed speed speed.The "air" is much more heavy....and first of all, they allow ALMS cars to race on.Gt Ferrari are fighting as hell at le mans,and many big company are making the official car with huge investiment for le mans race only.

Personally I love the way they took timings at the ring.... and also the fact they nearly made a regolamentation that cuts away from the partecipating nearly all the Ferrari (uuuu..scared maybe?? ahaha....down here everybody think so.Still nightmares from the 90s with DTM Alfa humiliating the platoons of mercedes..LOL).Every week somebody makes a sort of world rekord at the ring, and all world love it.

Nobody remembers the REAL ring rekord done by Clay regazzoni and Niki Lauda with that red formula 1 made in italy in 1976.
Just the official ringmaster remains stefan bellof (and I agree cause the tragedy he had), but it was already 10 yrs later with a prototype,in a season done only with the same prototype car.
...and wonder why nobody takes the real ringmaster from Kerpen there with something in red as an Fxx.. mah, mistery of the Eiffel.
Between le mans and the ring I deeply prefer the ring btw.Too nice location, too nicer track and too nice fiesta all over.

But le mans is le mans.... (note I was able to stay an entire night awake with some liters of beer, looking live the 24 h classic 2006, 2 meters from the nets.didnt care of cold and rain.real sick,I know )

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
dpbeetle
AF Regular

Dear Ring-Fans,

I would like to share a link with you, which was found by a member from our german modelling forum.

Itīs a nice little film about the STUCK-BROTHERS at 2012 24h-Race on the NUERBURGRING.

Click the following and have fun.....
http://vimeo.com/45783750

Best regards

Dirk
dpbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote