Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Infiniti > G35 > G35 Sedan
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 08:51 PM   #1
FlossinPrimera
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to FlossinPrimera Send a message via AIM to FlossinPrimera Send a message via Yahoo to FlossinPrimera
I bet I'm the first to see the new G35.

I went up to my local Infiniti dealer today to check the price of a clutch cable for a 94 G20 (44.44$ if you're interested). And I pull up in front of the dealer, low and behold there sat a Black G35, fully decked out, leather interior, aero package, 17" wheels the whole get up. For some strange reason it had a Michigan liscence plate on it. My guess is Infiniti has a few pre production cars running around the country going to dealerships so the salesmen can bone up on their new product. So I'll give my review. The car is small, much smaller that I had expected. It is right inbetween the 3 and 5 series BMWs. The car hood is fairly long, and is not very tall. The the windshield is raked, and the roof line curves over and blends gracefully with the deck lid. The rear deck is short, but not as short as it looks in pictures. The spoiler is fairly stubby, but cleans up the rear lines, it is also are a decent rake as to provide the downforce to create a zero lift rear end. The headlamps are clean and purposefull, but highly detailed. The rear lams are flush with the body, intracate in their design, but hold true to the design of the car. The overhangs are minimal, the wheelbase seems long for the car, even long by BMW standards. The interior is clean and crisp, un adorned by the fru fru ness that has begat many cars in this price range. The seats are supportive, if not spacious. Leg room in the rear is very good for a car of this size, much more than the G20, and more than the I35. The door sills are high and the windows are short, leading to a raked profile. Basically the car is dead sexy, and if Infiniti doesn't sell the shit out of them, I'm gonna shoot my self in the foot.

K&N, Enkei Type 11 GML, JVC KD-SH55 Digifine, Pioneer Pear-mica components, 2 12" round things that bang and a 400W amp to make them bang. Coming soon: ACT clutch, new half-shafts, HKS superform springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, $tillen STB, 17" König Toxxins with Yokohama Parada Tires (P215/40R17).

http://gforces.streetracing.org/

"I wish Captian Archer was as much as a racial bigot as Captain Kirk"
-Burt Weed
FlossinPrimera is offline   Reply With Quote