Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 07:46 AM   #1
AznBlood
AF Newbie

Help, car wont start after a minor accident.

Hi, i am a pending mechancal engineer, but i dont know much about fixing cars.

recently, i just got into an accident. all of the front, up to but not including the exhaust manifold were damaged. Meaning, the engine or any of the engine components were not damaged. The parts that were damanged were the fenders, hood, radiator and condenser.
However, after a few days after the accident given that the car was drivable immediately on the day after the accident, I was not able to turn on the car again. I have no idea what the problem was. My assumptions were some of the engine control sensors such as the radiator temperature control, or the intake oxygen sensor, or the power steering sensor no longer operate, which contributed to the engine failing to start.

If you are a mechanic, my question is. If one of these sensors, radiator temperature control, or the intake oxygen, or the power steering sensor, fail, will that cause the car *engine* not to start. thank you very much.

My car is a 97 honda civic EX. problems found were power steering pump leaks, no radiator fluids, no radiator/fan installed. and car wont start.
AznBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:24 AM   #2
i_a_n112784
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i_a_n112784
Most cars have a fuel pump shut-off switch that trips when in a mid-size to bad accident. I've never checked my 2000 civic to see if it has one, but I'd bet it has something similar for safety reasons. Check your owners manual to see if your civic does/and where it might be at.
i_a_n112784 is offline   Reply With Quote