Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Jeep Guy 1985
AF Newbie

Need help, Just bought jeep with major rust issues.

I am in Montreal Quebec and am in a bit of a pickle with this jeep I just stupidly bought. My mechanic lives a good 35 minutes from my location so I gave a half decent once over of the truck before barganing. The guy said good to go no issues yada yada. The second I took it to my mechanic he said take it back because the guy had a plywood board over the passenger side floor because its soft from the rust underneath. My mechanic made it sound like my truck would snap in half if i hit a bump wrong but it sounds to me a bit extreme. He is a buddy of mine as well and i know he can be dramatic haha. It is a 1996 Jeep cherokee sport with the 4.0L. Engine and mechanics feel quite nice and i dont notice any crazy noises or anything. Fluids all AOK. But he said the floors of the front and rear both sides are rusted to hell. I dont notice an issue when stomping on the floor on drivers side but what do I know... Can I get my money back from this private sale or should I keep it till I can dump 2000 into the floors? I love the truck i just dont want to have a nasty safety hazard on wheels.
Jeep Guy 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A