Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Brakes and Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
sentoyang
AF Newbie

Exclamation Lowering Spring HELP!

so heres the thing. I have a 1g gsx and i'm thinking about getting lowering springs.

so my question is... is the spring for 2g dsm gonna fit my 1g? I found some really good eibach spring for a 2g and I was thinking about installing them on my 1g...

and another thing, is megan racing lowering spring any good? I heard they are not that good and gets ruin in about a year... is it really that extreme?

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
sentoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
sganc4life_4
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sganc4life_4
Re: Lowering Spring HELP!

Doing a quick google search, most places are selling springs for both 1g and 2g eclipses which tells me that the 2g springs wont fit on the 1g. Ive always read about people going with higher end suspension stuff vs the cheap stuff as usual. The thing is that you dont really want to install shitty parts...especially when it deals directly with your suspension.
A lot, check progression thread - updated 3/27/10
Estimated completion date:
Soon lol
sganc4life_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: Lowering Spring HELP!

1g and 2g springs are different. Also the awd cars have heavier springs to support the added weight. I am using tokicos which I like very much. Also Eibach are a good choice. Not sure about Megan racing but you can read reviews from those online and make your decision which are best for you.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
gsx , megan , racing , springs
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Brakes and Suspension