Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
Grant@Tirerack
AF Enthusiast

Smile Hello!

Hi,
This is Grant from The Tire Rack. Cy has been asked to move to another board and I will be taking over for him as moderator here. Our goal here is to get you information about your vehicle's tires and wheels. I'd like to set a few guidelines since we have a fresh start.

Check the FAQs first. Most basic answers can be found there and it will allow us to focus on specific issues and problems quickly in the threads.

Always include the full make, model, and year of your vehicle in your question. That way we all know what you are looking at.

I would ask that you respect others and their opinions. No one person knows everything about everything. Play nice! There will be times when I won't have an answer to your question. I'll do my best to find the answer. I can only offer information based on what I know. If it's a product we sell, I can give you a firm answer. If it's a product we don't sell or test, I may not be able to answer detailed questions. See the FAQs about this.

My main job is to handle retail sales calls at The Tire Rack (that's how I make my living and feed my kids). I will try to answer posts as quickly as possible but I may only have a couple of times a day to check in here. You can always call me direct. That's a lot faster than email. If I'm on the line with another customer, leave your number and I'll call you right back when I'm done with the call.

Please support the board and its sponsors. That is how we keep the boards here. If you do decide to purchase something from The Tire Rack, be sure to use the link at the top of the page or contact me directly. That way the fourm gets credit for the referal. Thank you in advance for your support!

I look forward to helping out here. I have been lurking for a few days and you all seem like a very nice group of folks!
fax# 574-236-7707
email: grant@tirerack.com

Last edited by Grant@Tirerack; 11-05-2003 at 10:13 AM.
Grant@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
welcome Grant! Im here alot and hope I can lend you a hand and learn some too. Hope you can enjoy AF as much as we do!
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #3
Grant@Tirerack
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hello!

Thanks for the welcome!
fax# 574-236-7707
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
doctor rabbi
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Hello Grant. Please can you provide some adivce regarding bolt sizes!

Hello Grant,

I recently purchased a set of wheels/tires of the internet. The bolt pattern fits my vehicle (5-108) but the size of the holes in the new wheels are 12mm (as are the bolts that it came with) but my standard wheels use 14mm (and so are the hole sizes in my hub). Naturally, my 14mm bolts will not go through the new wheels and the new bolts for the new wheels (12mm) are too loose to fit my hub. The company I purchased the wheels from said I need a conversion kit and are refusing a return. What conversion kit do I need and how does that work?

Thanks!!!
doctor rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #5
Grant@Tirerack
AF Enthusiast

I don't know of any conversion kit like that. There is no safe way to safely change your bolt size like that. It's a simple matter of them selling you the wrong wheel fitment. The lug size on the wheel is decided by the car maker based on the load rating needed to support the weight of the car. There is no way you should use a smaller stud/lug.
fax# 574-236-7707
Old 03-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #6
pind
AF Regular

Hey Grant, welcome to the forums.

Having been in the wheel and tire business in the past, and still being one to do extensive ( exhaustive ) research on all wheel and tire purchases that I am in charge of, if I can offer any help, let me know.

Good Luck
pind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
1957Chevy
AF Newbie

Hello Grant,
My name is Glyn. My son and I are one of The Tire Racks affiliates. We have a web site called http://custom-wheels-n-rims.com I just joined this forum. My first forum and first post.

I'm interested in sharing my 1957 Chevy.
http://custom-wheels-n-rims.com/my-1957-chevy.htm
and didn't know were to start.

Glyn

Check out "Ginger" my 1957 Chevy!

Last edited by 1957Chevy; 02-06-2006 at 06:40 PM.
1957Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #8
blackm20i
AF Newbie

that is a sick car man!! Love the pics
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels