Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #76
supertec7622
AF Newbie

Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

Wes, can you get a clip?? I am interested.. I am either going to do it in the next two months, or buy something faster..
supertec7622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #77
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

Yeap... Just PM me when your ready.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #78
Tims_240
AF Enthusiast

hey wes, is it really easier to put a rb25 into a z31? i would think it would be easier to put a 300zx motor into a 300zx rather than a skyline into a 300zx, hmmm, thats just badass. Can you get front clips of rb25det's? i already know where to get them, but how much if you can get them, would it run me. The last rb25 front clip i got quoted for was $3500? i forget i think it was that, but it had shitty body panels.
-tim
Tims_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #79
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
yeah...im betting the rb25det will be alot easier than the vg30de(tt). the rb20det came stock in the z31 in japan. and the rb20 and rb25 are pretty easy to swap with each other. so you have to figure the rb25 will fit rather nicely into a z31, but thats all just theory speaking. zgringo posted some pics of a z31 with a rb26dett, so you know its possible. good luck...

HERE is the thread that ZGringo posted...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #80
Tims_240
AF Enthusiast

so its kinda like the SR swap on 240's? or is it harder?
Tims_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #81
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

should be very similar...probably a little more difficult because nissan's v6's are a little more complicated than there I4's. but yeah...it should just swap right in there i would think.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 PM   #82
Rymturna
AF Newbie

I havent seen this addressed:
Is the driveshaft length on the 2+2 and 2 seater different? Or would it be *realistically* possible to: RHD JDM front clip + N/A 2+2 = RHD 2+2 TT? I know the RHD is next to impossible, but i had to throw it in there...another argument for another day (cost vs. gains). Anyway, a LHD 2+2 TT?
Rymturna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #83
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymturna
I havent seen this addressed:
Is the driveshaft length on the 2+2 and 2 seater different?
Yes. But it's not a problem since you can get an appropriate sized drive shaft built for just that application for a couple hundred dollars.

Quote:
Or would it be *realistically* possible to: RHD JDM front clip + N/A 2+2 = RHD 2+2 TT?
Possible: Sure. Have the parts, just a matter of going through the entire car forward of the front seats and changing what you need to.

Quote:
I know the RHD is next to impossible, but i had to throw it in there...another argument for another day (cost vs. gains).
Hardly impossible. Just time consuming and expensive (cutting holes in the firewall for clutch, brakes, steering and throttle, switching all of the above to the otherside of the engine bay, rerouting the exhaust etc and so on). So *realistically* possible? No, not really. If you are really that dead hard up for a RHD TT 2+2 it might just be easier to import one, if that says anything about the requirements of the process.

Quote:
Anyway, a LHD 2+2 TT?
Easily done.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:47 PM   #84
Rymturna
AF Newbie

I checked a salvage and used car co. located in japan (hopefully will get stationed in okinawa anyways), that stated they HAD a TT 2+2. I thought the TT was only available as a 2 seater? Or is that only USDM? I'm hung on the 2+2 TT, or an r32, but it'll probably end up only being a GTS-T...sigh...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #85
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

The TT was sold in 2+2 configuration overseas, US market seems to be the only one that didn't recieve it. If you get stationed in Oki then no problems, buy what ever your budget allows. If you stay stateside then I would suggest just buying a TT instead of swapping anything, but that maybe just me.

Why the hell is everyone so damn nuts over the 2+2? And dont' give me that "more stable at high speeds" line. Seriously, how often are you doing 150+ mph? I would think the lessened weight, superior balance and quicker responding shorter wheel base of the two seater would be much more beneficial.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 PM   #86
Rymturna
AF Newbie

I honestly just like the idea of carrying 2 more babes :-) lol. but really, i like the body lines of the 2+2. as far as the stability, i think with the right suspension mods, you can go as fast as your balls let you. I've only been 165, in an 01 vette, and that was fairly close to my limit (in traffic anyway). Anyways, you seem very well educated, and a true Z fan, and i commend you for that. Your opinions are regarded highly. Please respond.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #87
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

So who is this guy talking to? I'm the friggin gimp of the Past Z forum, scorned by all and envied by none but the lowest of Civic pushing ricers.

Seriously though, appreciate the kind words but I'm just a guy with car that I've been through and around enough to learn a thing or two.

Anyway, I didn't mean to rant about the 2+2, just seems that's what everyone but me is hot for. To each his own I guess.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:23 PM   #88
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
So who is this guy talking to? I'm the friggin gimp of the Past Z forum, scorned by all and envied by none but the lowest of Civic pushing ricers.

Seriously though, appreciate the kind words but I'm just a guy with car that I've been through and around enough to learn a thing or two.

Anyway, I didn't mean to rant about the 2+2, just seems that's what everyone but me is hot for. To each his own I guess.
Don't you be trying to take away my "asshole of the year award".
As for the 2+2, you couldn't give me one. The back seat is only good for kids, which I don't have, or speaker boxes which I don't use, too heavy.
As for being stable, gosh I've only had my 2 seater up to 185+MPH and it seemed pretty stable to me, but who am I to say?
But like you say, beauty is in the eye's of the beholder.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #89
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Swap... READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
i wish i had a 2-seater TT....actually if i already didnt have most of the parts i needed to convert my n/a auto to a TT 5-speed...and i just didnt finance a new car. i probably would have just took out a loan and bought a nice TT. but yeah, whatever...i did finance another car and i do have most of the parts i need to change my n/a auto to a TT 5-speed so....thats kind of out the f***in window now. i guess i will have to settle for a 2+2 TT, shucks
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 04-21-2005, 01:10 AM   #90
Dustin_S
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Dustin_S Send a message via AIM to Dustin_S Send a message via MSN to Dustin_S Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin_S
I scanned this FAQ and didn't see the answers I was looking for, so forgive me if I'm just unobservent...My question:

Will a 90-95 VG30DETT fit into an 85 VG30ET engine bay? (the VG30DETT comes with TT ECU, TT Tranny, wiring harnesses, etc...)

I've had a few Nissan enthusiasts tell me it shouldn't really be a problem but to expect an extraordinarily tight fit.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)