Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #16
jochen kieslich
'wannabe race driver'

Re: Eighty1 Rotiform Set wheel review

100% affirmation about what Sascha mentioned!!!

Proof for me that there are manufactorers / traders / dealers with no ongoing / serious quality checks, inadequate product affinity and lack of customer loyalty. If one stands behind his goods / items / products, THAT PERSON has to INSURE the standards and a minimum of class........
I'm a "wheel fanatic" also, just think about the situation. You google around, looking for suitable after-market-tune-up-parts, finally found something, order it, PAY IT with hard earned bucks, await the delivery, getting excited when you recieve "the small treasure-box" and after unpacking with shaky fingers.......you recieve......things like that...

or that......

...or.....

sorry guys, i have no explanation, thats a NO GO...:-(
You produce at your own risk, potential inaccurate and / or faulty samples are not ours to pay for!!!!
Sorry, just wanted to give my 5 cents thus i know these products for over 20 years by now.....it's the same for military modelling, airplanes, ships.......

Damaged products CAN HAPPEN for sure BUT SORT THEM OUT AND DON'T SHIP THEM. It's nothing else than taking someone (the CUSTOMER) for a fool!!!!!!!!! NOTHING ELSE. This is IGNORANCE.

........and, by the way, that's exactly what i wrote / meant months ago (!!!) when i wrote a feedback for mikezibit's range of goods. ME, FOR MYSELF AS CUSTOMER and ambitious modeller can "feel" his referring to both motorsports AND our beloved hobby--------PLASTIC MODELLING.
Thats the difference. Hard to believe that mike would ship / sell something like that. Of course, there are other "trusted dealers" also, not only him. I just wanted to let you know about MY experiences.

LETS KEEP ON MODELLING!!

Good fight - good night

Jochen

-emotional miniatures-

Last edited by jochen kieslich; 01-21-2015 at 01:35 PM.
jochen kieslich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jochen kieslich For This Useful Post:
cjsbosox (01-20-2015), sportracer02 (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #17
Lownslow
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCla View Post
FG Models is a Korean company. The quality of the products i've purchased is impeccable. Unfortunately they no longer seem to be active.

Yes because they couldnt offset costs
Old 01-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #18
NOMADGAMER
AF Enthusiast

IMO, the 3d printing casting lines on Johen's set are unacceptable. You would think taking pride in one's own work, they would at least correct the original master prior to throwing it a casting mould.

the 81 set OP posted, at first glance I thought they looked fantastic, and I thought that the wheel face was separate from the wheel lip / dish. if that is the case, some simple cleanup with a brand new #11 blade seems reasonable. Upon closer look, i'm not sure that the face & lip/barrel are separate, in which case I would also for see a pain and headache trying to cleanup deep within the spokes, etc.

Does anyone know if C1 / 81 / HD casting is done in-house, or do they sub-contract?

If so, QC would bear on the sub-contractor, and I would not go accusing any of them prior to contacting with a 'WTF' email inquiry.

Those FG look fantastic, and I can understand why they have closed, not enough demand and i'm sure the production cost on that is very high expense.

FYI regarding the t-res -

1) I'm not sure why Thomas doesn't sell the wheel by itself
2) I realize he probably includes the tyre, because some within the 'stance' community mount the tyre exactly how OP has it show, with significant wheel lip exposed. Other mount the tyre flush on the outside, and a simple trimming on the inside creates a wheel/tyre combo exactly sized to fit. Again, not a big deal since you are buying these after-market anyway, and it suits both styles of modeler with 1 production wheel/tyre.

Just my 2c fwiw
NOMADGAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #19
stratos75
Loser

High quality wheels require big investment. IMHO, this manufacturer had saved on it. As for me the quality is a number one for a good reputation. If I would start my own business I could put a maximum efforts for the quality. Just for example look to my own limited edition of the BMW MOTORSPORT wheel.

These copies had required an expensive prototypes (on the left in this photo).
BVC500 (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #20
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochen kieslich View Post
100% affirmation about what Sascha mentioned!!!

Proof for me that there are manufactorers / traders / dealers with no ongoing / serious quality checks, inadequate product affinity and lack of customer loyalty. If one stands behind his goods / items / products, THAT PERSON has to INSURE the standards and a minimum of class........
I'm a "wheel fanatic" also, just think about the situation. You google around, looking for suitable after-market-tune-up-parts, finally found something, order it, PAY IT with hard earned bucks, await the delivery, getting excited when you recieve "the small treasure-box" and after unpacking with shaky fingers.......you recieve......things like that...

...or.....

sorry guys, i have no explanation, thats a NO GO...:-(
You produce at your own risk, potential inaccurate and / or faulty samples are not ours to pay for!!!!
Sorry, just wanted to give my 5 cents thus i know these products for over 20 years by now.....it's the same for military modelling, airplanes, ships.......

Damaged products CAN HAPPEN for sure BUT SORT THEM OUT AND DON'T SHIP THEM. It's nothing else than taking someone (the CUSTOMER) for a fool!!!!!!!!! NOTHING ELSE. This is IGNORANCE.

........and, by the way, that's exactly what i wrote / meant months ago (!!!) when i wrote a feedback for mikezibit's range of goods. ME, FOR MYSELF AS CUSTOMER and ambitious modeller can "feel" his referring to both motorsports AND our beloved hobby--------PLASTIC MODELLING.
Thats the difference. Hard to believe that mike would ship / sell something like that. Of course, there are other "trusted dealers" also, not only him. I just wanted to let you know about MY experiences.

LETS KEEP ON MODELLING!!

Good fight - good night

Jochen
Hi Jochen

If you feel that your wheels from C1 are unusable, then please get in touch. I don't like to see unhappy customers.
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:25 AM   #21
jochen kieslich
'wannabe race driver'

Hi Chris,
thanks for your offer, i'm good for the moment.
I'm going to start another project by now so i'm in no urgent need for a new set.
Yours
jochen

-emotional miniatures-
jochen kieslich is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling