Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
caters
AF Newbie

What do I need to know other than the parts and how many in order to build a car?

What do I need to know to build a car other than parts and how many?

Do I need to know the physics of every single part of the car like its forces and how the amount of force changes with the MPH?

Do I need to know the physical properties of the metal I am using?

Do I need to know the chemistry of the reaction between the fuel(water, octane, diesel etc.) and O2?
caters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: What do I need to know other than the parts and how many in order to build a car?

Well, to design a car from scratch, you need to know the physics of how the suspension and drivetrain work. To design it properly you need to know how strong the metal you will be dealing with is and what kind of forces it will be subjected to. You could make a workable car by just guessing, but there's a good chance a lot of stuff would be wrong with it and would need a lot of revision and rebuilding.

I don't really understand the point of your question.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
caters
AF Newbie

Re: What do I need to know other than the parts and how many in order to build a car?

The point of my question is that in my New Earth series, after the highways in the USA are built by thousands of construction workers that walk, put up signs, dig, pour asphalt, and paint lines and hundreds of cartographers that make maps of each highway from indian highways to county highways, to byways, to interstates is when the first cars will be built. All electricity and physical power in this series comes either from renewable sources such as water, wind, and the sun, or from humans themselves. Where there are gas stations in the real world, there are charging stations for in case you are traveling at night and the solar battery is running low. The only time when things like Crude Oil are used is to make solutions of certain substances like hexane for the chemists. Even then the chemists could still probably find a way to produce water, oxygen, and organic compounds from CO2 and a source of hydrogen so the crude oil isn't needed as much This is why Rebecca and Ronald's house in the first volume has a solar still and 4 batteries to get 48 V DC(All of which are connected to the water wheel, wind turbines, and solar panels) and an inverter to get 240 V AC from 48 V DC.
caters is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars