Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
JamieR
AF Newbie

My Old Audi 90:(

Hello, I am hoping to find a simple solution to fix my twenty year old little lady. I live in the Channel Islands UK and I use the car to go to work witch is not far. Max speed of about 35 miles an hour. Very dependable car. Pretty hard to start in the mornings but once started the first time she is a kitten all day.

This morning on the start, she coughed a bit, and some black smoke came out the exaust. Killed the battery and didn't want to pick up. Every once in a while you could feel the little cough. Got a boost and got her going but still coughing every once in a while and then running seemed pretty okay but if I hit the acellerator she coughs complains almost stalls then hits okay. Then it seems fine to hold 2000 rpm or so. When I put her in gear though it's knocking, sputtering, and not going anywhere.

So could it be a bad plug? Timing belt? It was wet could be the distributer. I guess the timing belt would not let it start at all. and the Distributer usually doesn't even let you get a tick out the starter let alone turn over eh?

There is no oil around the cylinder head or valve cover. I am not burning coolant and the temperature guage is always steady.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. It's an 86 Audi 90 5 cylinder auto.
JamieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
youngkia1
Authorized Kia Vendor

Re: My Old Audi 90:(

Old Audis are cool, being fan of vintage car I really love restore a car, beautify them and as much as i could, i will do everything to make more useful than a trash on my garage.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
richzbimr
AF Newbie

I recall my super 90 from 25 years ago. Occasional stumble/stalling was caused by ice build-up in carb venturi. Odd but true.
richzbimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Shami khan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Old Audis are cool, and old racing Audis are even cooler.
yeah really. old audis are very cool. if you go to workshop it can fix. and i admit hear that as your old Audi is giving you en joyful driving experience no any Audi can give you the same.
Shami khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
B2ry5an3t1
Banned

Hello, I am hoping to find a simple solution to fix my twenty year old little lady.

B2ry5an3t1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > General Discussion