Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > ZX2
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #16
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: AC problem - no cold air

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy07
OK, I'm on my second CCRM repair, so I guess that makes me an expert on this problem.

I bought this 98 ZX2 new. The original CCRM went bad in 2001. Te replacement went bad this summer.

The problem is that the small relay in the CCRM goes bad. The relay contact burned right through the plastic case of the relay. The heat caused a bad solder connection where the relay contact attaches to the board. If you just re-solder this connection, the AC may start working, but to do the job right, requires that the relay be replaced. The original relay is no longer available, but I found a usable replacement by another manufacturer.
The digi-key part # is 255-1239-nd. (www.digi-key.com)

TO test the CCRM, check for 0 Volts at pin 22 of the CCRM (AC on). The computer sends a low to this pin to signal the compressor to come on. You should have 12V on Pin 21, and Pin 23. If the relay contact is bad, you will have 12V at pin 21, but not on pin 23.

Now for the legal stuff. If you have no clue what I just wrote, please don't attempt this repair. Applying this info improperly could permanantly damage the compressor. Attempt this ONLY if you are comfortable troubleshooting & repairing electronics to the component level.

Good luck.

TVGuy07

And remember if it keeps on blowing it a bad fan blower motor that pulls to many amps will wipe them out.
Always check the amp draw on the fan blower motor.
MT

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > ZX2