Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #1
Fourmotion
AF Newbie

98' GTI VR6 suspension kits

I was looking into neuspeed sport suspention kit about 2 years ago. I noticed that neuspeed does not sell the sport kit any more as the kit it's self. Being an suspention engineer I know that shock rate and spring rate must be optimized. (damping coeficient + spring constant) I have not seen any strut, shock and spring kit for 98' GTi besides some expensive race orientated coil-over shocks. neuspeed used to offer sport kit with shocks/struts, springs, anit-sway bar for under $900 with KONI adjustables. What happen to those kits? I've checked NOPI,Velocity, Neuspeed, ect. Can I buy Ebich springs for VR6 and Koni shocks for VR6 and expect it to match. I know we (my work) take alot of time (try 4 years for product lounch) figuring out Jounce and Rebound forces to match the car's wight (natural frequency), spring rate, and damping coeficiant.

I'm quite getting sick of floaty feeling of the GTi, and massive understeer coming out of corneres. Any body with autocross expierence with the GTi VR6 help me?

P.S. I have stock 6 1/2inch 15'' wheels. I currently have BF Goodrich Comp T/A 205/50-15. I'm thinging about getting the equivalant size G-Force KD. Any expierence with it or other tires?
Fourmotion is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI