Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Best country for automakers?
America 14 19.72%
Japan 12 16.90%
Britain 1 1.41%
Germany 23 32.39%
Italy 13 18.31%
Korea 1 1.41%
France 3 4.23%
Sweden 2 2.82%
Other? 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 02:01 PM   #91
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
the European ones do but the US market ones (The only variation of the recent Accord that I have driven) are soggy in thier handling and chassis. Great engines though
Well im not surprised to hear that at all!

Honda probably sent them the good version of the Accord first, but a fat American complained that the suspension was too hard and sporty for his liking. he tried to gain more weight to make the bumps easier to cushion for his ass, but the feedback from the chassis was intensified by his flubber and actually made it worse. He proceeded to sue Honda, for causing great pain and emotional distress to his ass. The trial went to the Supreme Court, and the fat man was awarded eight-hundred-million us dollars and forty-five cents - only. Honda then took back all the european spec hondas, detuned the chassis and sent them back to America. They lived happily ever after.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #92
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by CopperHed210

Moppie why are you such a dickhead.What do you have against Americans?.Americans have great tastse and thats why we make top of the lines cars.American version or not,Hondas are shit and they suck,just like you Moppie.They are all made lifeless thats why they start to rust within 2 years of being made.If you don't have anything good or intelligent to say then leave the(how do you damn people say it over there) bloody boards.you are a damn queer who serves no purpose here and that doesnt know a car from a damn hole in the ground.So take your damn communist,American hating ideas and pack them in your ass!
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! This has got to be THE most stupid, most badly written post on AF since the days of Rico

Wheres your proof Hondas start to rust after 2 years, because when my mum flogged off her 1996 VTi Civic in May 2001 (4 1/2 years old) it had never even had a paint problem yet alone rust problems, my dad has owned one of every Generation Accord and flogged it off after 3 years, none of them gave a lick of trouble and even me, Jimmy owned a 1995 Prelude 2.2 EXi until late 2001, boring drive, but fantastic reliability

Moppie is a well opinionated guy and has probably driven 10 times the cars you have, on top of that 10 times the knowledge you'll ever possess.

Everything you have said about Moppie sums you up very well. So take a hike, dumb-shit.

Also what are these "Top of the line American cars"??? Last I heard America had very few good cars (Viper, Vette and that's it)

I still can't get over how dumb your post is, I can't imagine how bad it must feel to be so stupid and mis-informed

Crayzayjay- LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats too fucking funny, because it's all so true

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 11-29-2002, 07:14 PM   #93
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Hmmm hey heres a really smart idea lets all go flame a mod

I see one more out of line post CopperHed210 and you can say bye bye to AF for ever. :finger:
Old 11-29-2002, 08:00 PM   #94
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by CopperHed210
You are one dumb fuck!You call me uniformed?You dumb fucking imbred queers over there are so ignorant!IT KINDA SUCKS WHEN YOUR TOO UNIFORMED TO BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY!When I said that Hondas rot within two years of being made you know that I didnt literaly mean ALL Hondas.I meant the majority.Wheres my proof?I live in Brookyn so half that damn Japs that live here own the damn things most of them fairly new and they are rotting.So whos mister uniformed now jackass?!?!O and I doubt Moppie has driven more cars then I have.Trust me buddy,I live in brooklyn.Ive driven just about everything from Harleys to Mercedes to Rigs!All moppie drives is his damn father in his bathroom.And about more automotive knowledge,I seriouly doubt it.My father owns a Mechanics garage and when Im not busy Im there.America makes sum of the best cars infact.Thats kinda why GM is THE leading car manufactuer in the world.Now don't be telling me that Bentlys and Rolls are better because thats common sense.Paces like Europe make very few good cars such as...wait,are there any?Talk to you gaylords later.

:silly2: :silly2: :silly2:
OH GOD!!!!!!!! This guy is too funny

Personal flames are a good sign of a bad argument. Needless to say YOU cannot back anything up.

Who gives if you live in Brooklyn I lived in New Zealand for 27 years, Japanese cars make up well over 75% of the NZ car population. Now most of these cars are still going strong after 300,000 miles, in fact most Japanese cars live for about 15 years and the only reason the cars die is because they are worth next to nothing come re-sale so they are scrapped and VERY few ever give a reliability probem. CARE TO GO AROUND BROOKLYN AND TAKE SOME OF THESE ROTTING CARS??? Because if you want I could send my step-brother (Moss1O6GTi) around NZ To take some pictures of some old Japanese cars still kicking- because there is plenty of them. And if so that the Japanese cars in America are shit, most Japanese cars that are in America are <Shock> BUILT in America. I do find your post amusing "I just said most waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Well my family has owned at least 30 Japanese cars in between us all, and NEVER has any single one given us a problem.

I notice that you still aren't naming these "Brilliant American cars" the fact remains they are crude, poorly made, lousy quality materials, ugly, lousy to drive, boring, overwieght and even the V8's are occasionally gutless yet alone the 6's and 4's- Never mind the fact that a lot are still using live rear axle. GM is only the leading manufacturer in the world because they supply a large American market, GM USA do VERY little export, in fact in Europe the only AMERICAN cars you can walk into a showroom and buy are the Voyager, Viper, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, PT Cruiser and Wrangler and most of those are built in Graz, Austria.

As for Europe they make THE best cars in the world, Ferrari's, Porsches, BMW's, Bentley/Rolls. Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Lotus, TVR, Maserati, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Saab and Volvo out-do thier American competitors with ease, for example would you ever take a Lincoln LS over a BMW 5-series/Mercedes E-class??? Thought not. How about a Corvette over a MAserati Coupe??? Hell no. There is the fact that European cars are technologically superior in EVERY possible way and the driving experience is far superior, not to mention the fact European engines such as those of AMG, ///M, Maserati and Ferrari FAR outdo the ancient American V8's and 6's.

Then there is the lower-key European manufacturers. Skoda, SEAT, Peugeot, VW, Citroen, Rover/MG, Lancia, FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Renault and MCC. The American made cars don't stand a chance against ANY of these cars, for example the Alfa Romeo 156's closest American competitor is the Cadillac CTS, the Alfa blows it away in EVERY single catagorey, Build quality, technology, Performance, driving experience, reliability (Not something you once would associate with Alfa but the 156 is a quantam leap) and EVEN the driving ergonomics. and does the Buick Regal stand a chance against a Peugeot 4O6 NO WAY!!!!! It'd get walked over chewed up and spat out.

Perhaps since you have been so badly owned, you might wnat to consider leaving AF.

Old 11-29-2002, 08:01 PM   #95
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie
Hmmm hey heres a really smart idea lets all go flame a mod

I see one more out of line post CopperHed210 and you can say bye bye to AF for ever. :finger:

hmmmmm......Missed your post there captain

I'll 0wn him by PM from now on

Old 11-29-2002, 08:44 PM   #96
CopperHed210
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CopperHed210
OH GOD!!!!!!!! This guy is too funny

Personal flames are a good sign of a bad argument. Needless to say YOU cannot back anything up.

Who gives if you live in Brooklyn I lived in New Zealand for 27 years, Japanese cars make up well over 75% of the NZ car population. Now most of these cars are still going strong after 300,000 miles, in fact most Japanese cars live for about 15 years and the only reason the cars die is because they are worth next to nothing come re-sale so they are scrapped and VERY few ever give a reliability probem. CARE TO GO AROUND BROOKLYN AND TAKE SOME OF THESE ROTTING CARS??? Because if you want I could send my step-brother (Moss1O6GTi) around NZ To take some pictures of some old Japanese cars still kicking- because there is plenty of them. And if so that the Japanese cars in America are shit, most Japanese cars that are in America are <Shock> BUILT in America. I do find your post amusing "I just said most waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Well my family has owned at least 30 Japanese cars in between us all, and NEVER has any single one given us a problem.

I notice that you still aren't naming these "Brilliant American cars" the fact remains they are crude, poorly made, lousy quality materials, ugly, lousy to drive, boring, overwieght and even the V8's are occasionally gutless yet alone the 6's and 4's- Never mind the fact that a lot are still using live rear axle. GM is only the leading manufacturer in the world because they supply a large American market, GM USA do VERY little export, in fact in Europe the only AMERICAN cars you can walk into a showroom and buy are the Voyager, Viper, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, PT Cruiser and Wrangler and most of those are built in Graz, Austria.

As for Europe they make THE best cars in the world, Ferrari's, Porsches, BMW's, Bentley/Rolls. Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Lotus, TVR, Maserati, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Saab and Volvo out-do thier American competitors with ease, for example would you ever take a Lincoln LS over a BMW 5-series/Mercedes E-class??? Thought not. How about a Corvette over a MAserati Coupe??? Hell no. There is the fact that European cars are technologically superior in EVERY possible way and the driving experience is far superior, not to mention the fact European engines such as those of AMG, ///M, Maserati and Ferrari FAR outdo the ancient American V8's and 6's.

Then there is the lower-key European manufacturers. Skoda, SEAT, Peugeot, VW, Citroen, Rover/MG, Lancia, FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Renault and MCC. The American made cars don't stand a chance against ANY of these cars, for example the Alfa Romeo 156's closest American competitor is the Cadillac CTS, the Alfa blows it away in EVERY single catagorey, Build quality, technology, Performance, driving experience, reliability (Not something you once would associate with Alfa but the 156 is a quantam leap) and EVEN the driving ergonomics. and does the Buick Regal stand a chance against a Peugeot 4O6 NO WAY!!!!! It'd get walked over chewed up and spat out.

Perhaps since you have been so badly owned, you might wnat to consider leaving AF.

I backed up EVERYTHING I said.And I see you still havent.Therefore it IS OPINION.Its wierd because just about everybody in this fucking shithole have because assholes like yourself.A few days ago I found this forum.Not gonna say the addy because I know all you asswipes will come running.The people here are a lot more intelligent and show respect to eachother.And actually know what they are talking about so they dont make a fool of them selfs.Trust me,there is plenty I can say to slam and bash like I did in my last post for your last post.Im just waiting for your fellow dickwad moderators to bann me.And Igor,you alright,but you really need to get thinks undercontrol here.Maybe get rid of a few of these morons you let in.
Oh,hey slim jim,I live in New York City,the second biggest city in the world,which has 80 times the population NZ has,which also means we have 80 times more cars here than you do.So why dont you glue your eyes from the screen and go plow a polar bear.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:32 AM   #97
crayzayjay
CFA

I cant believe he called you a communist.... whats wrong with these people? i hate this "species" of americans. note: i have no qualms whatsoever with the rest of yas

he could have at least spelt inbred correctly.... inbred b*stard
Old 11-30-2002, 07:33 AM   #98
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
Crayzayjay- LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats too fucking funny, because it's all so true
glad you enjoyed it
Old 11-30-2002, 10:50 AM   #99
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

CopperHed210 seems to be very spart, isn't it ?

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 11-30-2002, 02:28 PM   #100
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-01-2002, 05:25 AM   #101
crayzayjay
CFA

A genius, i would say
Old 12-05-2002, 05:56 AM   #102
YJHeD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to YJHeD
Jimmy: You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. All your arguments have to do with how well your European cars are built. But lets compare some prices. You pay about twice as much for your great European cars as you do for American cars. How can you compare that? Comparing a Maserati to a stock Corvette? C'mon. How about comparing a Maserati to a Lingingfelter Corvette? I believe the Corvette would wipe the floor with your Italian beauty. Hell, that Corvette would wipe the floor with almost any European piece you could through at it. And yes, I'd rather drive a Lincoln LS than a BMW because the Lincoln has good old American muscle behind it. You Europeans don't know the feeling of TORQUE!!!!!!!!! All your cars make horsepower but no torque. Have you ever driven a Lincoln? It's a great car for the money. Europeans cars are over-priced and underpowered, PERIOD!!!!! You can't argue that, name a European car and I'll match it with an American that will have twice the power and cost half as much. How about the Cadillac Cien? You gotta love it. Monster horsepower, great looks, and the best technology. Shutting down half it's cylinders to save gas, it's a great concept. Do you find that in a Lamorghini or McLaren? Nope, you just pay the hefty price tag for the name. Argue if you want, but I will destroy you in every argument you can through at me. You're a typical European who can criticize all he wants but can't explain how the internal cumbstion engine works, let alone how anit-lock brakes work. Now go have some pasta and stop acting like you know everything.

Crazyjay: Was that a joke about Americans being fat? I'm sure all you Englishmen are in great shape. England is a wannabe America, you know it but don't want to admit it. Now save your money and buy some braces for your teeth. Teeth are supposed to point up and down, not left and right.

Moppie: Are you telling on CoperHead? You must be the tough guy in the room. Telling on everybody that offends you. I think you should go back to elementry school buddy and grow some balls.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:28 AM   #103
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

oh, another very nice guy !! ...

Just a question : why can you see Maserati, Peugeot, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Volkswagen, Bentley, and so on, all arroud the world (Europe, Asia, Australia/NZ, Japan, America, Africa) and not your so perfect american cars ??... people who wants to buy a good car will generally prefer to buy an European or eventually a Japanese car.

American cars outside North America are for non-rich people because you cars are not expensive... but they're cheap because it's not really good cars (Chevrolet Corsa, etc.).
And for the medium and expensive ameriacn cars, we cannot see it outside North America.

European cars are more expensive, why ? because we know how to spare gas (control of weight and cx), to make good handling and to built well our cars. American cars cannot. They "suck" a lot of gas, you can't drive quickly with it (except maybe on highways), they're not well build.

But American cars can have some charm, and I personnally like some. But you must admit that they're of course not the best.
American people do many things well but they're nor thefirst for cars industry !

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 12-05-2002, 03:07 PM   #104
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by YJHeD
How about the Cadillac Cien? You gotta love it. Monster horsepower, great looks, and the best technology. Shutting down half it's cylinders to save gas, it's a great concept. Do you find that in a Lamorghini or McLaren? Nope, you just pay the hefty price tag for the name. Argue if you want, but I will destroy you in every argument you can through at me.
Actually Mercedes Benz invented that several years ago .. destroy that! i love it when you brag about being right about something and then you get shown up to be wrong.... fantastic

Quote:
Originally posted by YJHeD

Crazyjay: Was that a joke about Americans being fat? I'm sure all you Englishmen are in great shape. England is a wannabe America, you know it but don't want to admit it. Now save your money and buy some braces for your teeth. Teeth are supposed to point up and down, not left and right.
No, not all Englishmen are fat, and neither are all Americans. However im sure if you look into it you will find that America has the highest proportion of obese people in the world. 1 in 5 or something, or even worse. in america its all about excess. you order one breakfast and you get two, on one big plate. thats just the way it is over there. and if youre happy with it, thats cool.

No, england is not a wannabe america. There's an English culture and english history that America simply cannot come close to.... english people dont like americans much, thats a fact. they like america but dont like americans. it doesnt sound like it makes sense but believe me thats how it works.

and whats this talk about teeth? mine are perfect.. now stop taking your frustration out on me, please. thank you
Old 12-05-2002, 04:20 PM   #105
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

lol way to 0wn him stephanel and jay

now it's my turn

Quote:
Jimmy: You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. All your arguments have to do with how well your European cars are built. But lets compare some prices. You pay about twice as much for your great European cars as you do for American cars. How can you compare that? Comparing a Maserati to a stock Corvette? C'mon. How about comparing a Maserati to a Lingingfelter Corvette? I believe the Corvette would wipe the floor with your Italian beauty. Hell, that Corvette would wipe the floor with almost any European piece you could through at it. And yes, I'd rather drive a Lincoln LS than a BMW because the Lincoln has good old American muscle behind it. You Europeans don't know the feeling of TORQUE!!!!!!!!! All your cars make horsepower but no torque. Have you ever driven a Lincoln? It's a great car for the money. Europeans cars are over-priced and underpowered, PERIOD!!!!! You can't argue that, name a European car and I'll match it with an American that will have twice the power and cost half as much. How about the Cadillac Cien? You gotta love it. Monster horsepower, great looks, and the best technology. Shutting down half it's cylinders to save gas, it's a great concept. Do you find that in a Lamorghini or McLaren? Nope, you just pay the hefty price tag for the name. Argue if you want, but I will destroy you in every argument you can through at me. You're a typical European who can criticize all he wants but can't explain how the internal cumbstion engine works, let alone how anit-lock brakes work. Now go have some pasta and stop acting like you know everything.
Do I hear rustling???? Oh nm it's just you trying to argue your way out of that wet paper bag

firstly I aren't European I am a New Zealander living in Europe

Can a Corvette match teh exhaust note, exclusivity or peerless handling of a Maserati???? NO can it match it's build quality- NO
No matter how much you modify a Corvette and make it go fast in a straight line- doesn't mean it will go fast through the corners in fact- all that power + Ancient mechanics = terminal oversteer

I know the feeling of torque my Alfa had bucketloads of it, in fact it towed a caravan like it was a dinghy the LS has fuck all torque it's a weak as piss V6 engine, my Alfa would no doubt have walked over it and my next one will do the same
- and YES I have driven a Lincoln.

ABS brakes- they prevent a cars wheels locking up when heavy force in placed upon the brake pedal, thus enabling a car to steer out of an accident.

I wll continue this sometime later :finger4:

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons