Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #16
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

Re: Engine swap

That would be alotta money converting fwd to rwd...If you got the money do whatever the hell you want.
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #17
icE_x
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to icE_x

The engine is brand new, just keep it till it breaks. The money to swap in another engine and make the car RWD could be better spent on a custom turbo application. Build up internals, get some good fuel management, and you should be good to go. However, these are pretty much brand new so i'm not too sure if they make any real good aftermarket for it as far as engine internals go (TRD doesn't count...factory aftermarket? They bum off the real "aftermarket" and double the prices just so you can get the SCION name).

Mind you, i don't even own one of these ^_^ Wish i did tho, i love toyotas!~
Old 02-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #18
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

u know actually.. the srt4 will beat alot of cars, even when its stock (the 1/4 is about even with the 350z) if u just do a few minor upgrades im sure you can burn alot of cars, that engine is friggin bulletproof

i just dont like the fact that it isn't japanese, and i've had bad experience with american cars

i say for the price, get the srt4, either way your guna spend some $ on the tc right? if you get the srt4.. take off the "srt4" sign, and it looks just like a neon
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #19
demoron
AF Newbie

2jz will actually fit in a tc but if ur gonna do that u might as well make it an all whell drive.. and if u decide to go allwheel drive ur gonna have to spend alot of money and also alot of time ohhh and another thing the celica alltrac tranny will fit the 2jz...... so if ur gonna do it i wish u luck.....
demoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #20
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Does anybody research the car before they post or what? I have had a Scion Tc since april 2004, If you check out www.scionspeed.com they make a 3k turbo kit that will give you about 70% more horsepower with stock motor, infact with the stock motor they were able to pump out 400 horses out of the Tc motor, until the clutch blew out, even they say that the motor seems to be indestructable, You will not have to build the internals to beat a muff-stain (mustang). This is not a honda this motor was made for FI. Please research the car before you pass info to people or buy a car.
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #21
DAFREAKINPOPE
AF Newbie

Well Zpi Makes A Few Turbo Kits For The Tc. There Stage Zero Kit Is 2900 And It Gives You 230 To The Wheels And Its A Direct Bolt On. Comes With A New Oil Pan Already Drilled For The Oil Lines It Says Anyone Can Put It In In One Weekend. With 230 At The Wheels Your Destroy Type-s's And Mustangs Thats 100 Horse Power More To The Wheel
DAFREAKINPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:24 AM   #22
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: Re: Engine swap

The 2JZ does not directly bolt up to the tC. The transmission will not bolt up either. This car is front wheel drive remember. If you wanted to drop in a 2JZ, you would first have to change the whole drivetrain of the car, possibly removed the gas tank, and other custom fabrications before even thinking about dropping in a RWD block.

Changing the tC into RWD would easily cost nearly 10grand with parts and labor. There are many other factors that add up to why you shouldnt make this car RWD. It simply isnt made for it.

Yes, the tC's motor has forged internals, and can take a beating.
But remember, the stroke on this engine is very long, and while these pistons are tough, they take a beating when pushed hard. If you are looking to make over 300whp, and keeping your tC daily drive, definetely upgrade your pistons and rods.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

srt-4's are quick for the money but they are cheap cars with poor interiors and poor resale value. personally i think the 2.4 in the tc is a great engine. dohc with vvti and 160hp is a good starting point. not to mention the tc has a real nice interior. car has lexus quality interior for the price of a shitty gm car. the tc has unbelievable aftermarket support. these cars were created with that sole intention. If anyone wants to go fast in any FWD 4 cylinder then they should be buying a turbo kit. msrp 16990 for a base tc, figure in another 5000 for the turbo kit after tax and shipping and your at 21k and making more power then a srt-4 with plenty of room to grow. i tryed purchasing an srt-4 not very long ago, and i was kinda iffy cause i didn't like the quality, but they hack up the prices on those things and try to fuck ppl. they wanted 20k for a 2004 with 16k miles. my buddy bought one for 17k with 28k miles on it. and he blows the intercooler piping off constantly on stock boost. srt-4 's are a dying fad that ppl jumped on at first but now they are realizing there mistakes. first the car can't be driven with the factory tires in snow so be prepared to ditch out bucks for snow tires in that size in profile, secondly the resale value is poor and your gonna end up upside down on a trade in, thirdly it has neon features. crapy hollow interior with knobs that are ready to fall apart. i must say the tc is a great high quality car for the money and my favorite aspect was the solid interior.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #24
vaccaroja
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinryuken
I want a sleeper. I'm looking to shut alot of people up with my car when i get it. the mustang driving guys around here are smart enough to not go against a supra, but they'll probably underestimate a scion tC thinking it's weak. Also, i'd like to have something different then everyone else. So anyone else think this is even possible?
i hate to piss in your cherios but, there is no way you could put a supra engine in a tc. Even if you could it would cost more than or almost the same amount you payed for your tc new. Plus ecu would need to be swaped out.. to me that sounds like a headache. new transmition. Stronger engine mounts, a different axle to support your power increase. Personally i would just buy a used supra. Hope i dont get flammed for saying this ^^^^^. just a personal oppinion.
vaccaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #25
want a supra
AF Enthusiast

Been dead for a while... Wow.
want a supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
melissa_g
AF Newbie

Question Re: Engine swap

Hey, all! I'm needing to know if it's possible to put a 4.0 out of a 1990 Ford Explorer into a 1987 Bronco II. Anybody?
melissa_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

probably, but have you considered a 5.0 from a mustang?
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #28
nofear2007
AF Newbie

in case anyone is interested i have an 89 supra with a frozen 7mge engine for sale with a 1 jzgte engine to swap in. i have the ecu and everything for it, the only thing you would have to get is a new mounts and intercooler. its white and the body is in perfect condition, the only downside is its an automatic. i was hoping someone on this page would know for sure if you can swap a jz engine in a tc or not, kause the only thing holding me back from getting a scion is the fact that its gutless from factory.
nofear2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:39 PM   #29
emitt22
AF Newbie

I get that you want a sleeper builds but there would be no reason to swap such a complex and large engine into a scion. To be completely honest I think you should look for either a <2005 Infinity to swap. They look great, handle fantastic, have a massive after-market community, and lots of people do engine swaps. In my opinion that is the perfect sleeper for a 2jz swap and has plenty of space for your little snails if you please! Happy Sleeping!
emitt22 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC