Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 11:49 PM   #1
LiseKM
AF Newbie

Baleno air conditioning

My 2017 Baleno just came back from the panel beater. Several indications that the battery had been disconnected, although they deny it - time is wrong, radio was reset, steering wheel buttons were not working. I’ve managed to fix most of it, but the air con is not working. They didn’t actually work on any of the electronics, only the exterior. I’ve read that this kind of thing can happen when the battery was disconnected, and that the system then needs to ‘re-learn’ cooling and heating. Something about cold starts and driving 15-20 minutes. Some even talk about pushing buttons together. But nothing Suzuki specific.

We’ve checked the fuse, it’s fine.

Update: just had the battery replaced this morning. AC still not working.
I’ve been to the dealer, but the workshop is closed today. I’ll go back on Monday, but in the meantime would be so happy if I could fix it!

Is anyone able to clarify what this re-learning process involves? Any help is appreciated!

(I’m tired of fighting with the panel beater about various things on the car, please can we leave that out of the discussion.)

Last edited by LiseKM; 03-11-2023 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Updated info
LiseKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 01:49 AM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Re: Baleno air conditioning

When the battery is disconnected, the air conditioning system may need to re-learn its settings in order to function properly. This is because the car's computer needs to recalibrate itself and adjust to the new battery voltage.

To perform the re-learning process, you can try the following steps:

1. Start the engine and let it idle for at least 10-15 minutes.
2. Turn off all accessories (such as the radio, headlights, etc.) to minimize electrical load on the system.
3. Turn on the air conditioning to the coldest setting.
4. Allow the car to idle for an additional 10-15 minutes with the air conditioning running.
5. Drive the car for at least 15-20 minutes with the air conditioning still running.

If this procedure does not work, there may be a deeper problem with the air conditioning system that requires further diagnosis. It's best to take the car to a Suzuki dealer or reputable mechanic to have it inspected.

Note that with the battery being replaced, it's possible that the air conditioning system needs to be reprogrammed with diagnostic software. This is likely something that only a dealership or certified mechanic will be able to do.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
air , baleno , battery , conditioning , suzuki
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion