Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 10:35 PM   #1
icantfixcars
AF Newbie

Air Compressor tube adapter on my car doesn’t seem to match replacements

So this is a two parter. I’ve been replacing my suspension components, and my car is still not quite riding as smoothly as I suspect, It obviously sits lower now on the back and it bumps harder on the back when that part of the car goes over bumps so I know my fronts now fine and my rear is the main issue now.

I bought rear shocks because theres some decent brands with cheap replacements, but when I was unscrewing the old ones from the top I noticed that the tube from what must be the air compressor ends in a hex threaded end which threads onto the shocks, but the models I bought while similar in every other way have a push on connector presumably with a clip and no adapter option.

My first question is, Why can’t I find air shocks with my threaded ends to fit my air compressor fitting or one with an adapter, all the ones online appear to have the same barb sort of fitting, can anyone direct me to an option that will fit a threaded end??

My second Question is if I do end up getting new shocks on this car and it still bounces, does that narrow it down to the air compressor itself and if so am I better off just getting the types of shocks with only coils? It would be annoying to have to shell out for an air compressor, there doesn’t seem to be any cheap options and if there were I’m not sure I’d want them.

Thanks!
icantfixcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:15 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Air Compressor tube adapter on my car doesn’t seem to match replacements

Rock auto has the right shocks with the adapter line kit and fittings. Used this kit on my 2003 Park. The shocks will correct the bouncing, but the level ride system may be bad, which would cause the car to sit low in the rear.

Last edited by maxwedge; 02-16-2023 at 10:17 AM.
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue