Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #31
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Okay, so what does the term or racist name "RICERBURNER" mean? Is that not a slang term for Japanese vehicles, IMO it is a sign of discontent no matter what you may say.

It's just like calling an Asian a "Slanteye" or something that demeans or puts down someone or something because it's different or not what you think is the best.

I understand it's not your car of choice (since it's obvious you generalized every Japanese car by saying "IT") by saying "RICEBURNERS".

I'm not trying to start anything as far as an argument, it's just like someone was saying at the BMW Forum that every Japanese car is a Ricer<not really knowing what that term means even to those of us who own Japanese vehicles.

I love Corvettes that's why I visit this forum, I've always loved them and I have a healthy enough respect for them not to put them down in no way, shape, form or fashion.

Why can't anyone who drives a non American or in this case a Japanese car get the same respect by not using negative connotative words to describe the makes of cars that you are talking about?
I belive he had already apologized (which I did not think neccesary) and you are the one who brought up the term racist here.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:06 PM   #32
hakka
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by v10_viper

8 Litre maximum displacement?? There go thoughts for the new Competiton Coupe to be in GTS classes. I dont think you should necessarily bring fair up, look at the Porsche, they kick ass with what, a 3.6 litre?? And the M3, I loved that car, I was more hoping they'd produce it so that it could race. I thought that was a pretty impressive car.
Yeah, that would have been awesome had they made it. It doesn't seem too hard either, they could have just dropped in the M5 engine, right?
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:10 PM   #33
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Quote:
Originally posted by hakka

Yeah, that would have been awesome had they made it. It doesn't seem too hard either, they could have just dropped in the M5 engine, right?
The on in the M3GTR was only a 4.0 litre but the M5's would work spectacularly. The 4.0 Litre made around 450 hp and 350 lb-ft torque.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #34
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by italteen3

thats fine and thats wht I wanted to do to discuss this topic. You go into a forum Im talking about the new Veryon and some1 always has to go Sledgehammer or 427TT. That just pisses me off so you know what Im gonna say Titan Supra when some1 says one of the 2 cars.

And Bowtie if I dont like Corvettes and I put down your 427TT means I dont appreciate cars whoa you need to listen to what your saying. If I did not appreciate cars in general I would not be going to these forums... I just dislike Vettes but you dont like rice burners so I guess you dont appreciate cars huh? no Im guessing you do obviously but I just wanted to make those annoying people, who always bring up the damn vette, shutup. I think it is an amazing automobile but I just dont like it.
How olds are you? Do you drive? Have you ever driven a Corvette?
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #35
Pick
AF Fanatic

Re: hehehe look what I found

Quote:
Originally posted by italteen3
I dont like vettes but im just tired off people everytime I mention a good Supercar they mention the Sledge or the 427TT. There nice cars and fast but not supercars I did have a good discussion with Scott02 and I dont want to get in an arguement but rather discuss like I did with Scott.

Check it out http://www.suprastore.com/lintwinc5vet.html
You're a freaking newbie. Get the hell off of here.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:03 PM   #36
themodelkid
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to themodelkid
And this is getting a little bit out of hand, so i think everyone needs to calm down, even though this sorta old. lol
250hp, 250 lb ft tq.
1995 Dodge Intrepid 3.5L
Stone White
230 hp, 246 lb ft tq.
Supercharger in Works...
1987 Chevy S-10
Midnight Blue Prl. Metallic
300hp, 314 lb ft tq.
5.0L Baby...
themodelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:38 PM   #37
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

I have seen worse but let's keep this one friendly and open mmmkayy:toothless

Quote:
DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #38
Supra650RSP
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Supra650RSP
Umm, interesting subject we have here.

First, how are we defining Supercar since we seem to have come way off topic. Personally, I don't consider my Supra a supercar but I know a lot of people have called it that.

Secondly, At least 2 Supras have broken well into the 8's just not consistantly. I personally know of one being built that may be the third car into the 8's and as of now...he still has the a/c and radio. Can't tell you anymore than that.

Thirdly, Yes, we Supra owners are indeed " Dyno-Queens". But hell, that's what makes us fun. And although we struggle getting the suckers to hook up on DOT tires it allows us to at least brag a little, on the Dyno at least.

Finally, I like Corvettes. My mom has owned numerous Corvette's and I drove two of them while she had one. She is considering the purchase of another one even now. But she and I will be the first to admit. For the same price it would cost to buy her ZO6., We could build yet another bad-ass Supra that'll give it a run for it's money...in all catagories
1995 White Skyline GTR R33
-Single Turbo Conversion (HKS T51R SPL)
-Has yet to see a dyno
Supra650RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:31 AM   #39
italteen3
AF Newbie

pick please dont start. And why because I dont drive yet nor have I driven a vette makes me a newbie cuz I have less posts then you? Ive been hre longer then you...

Any1 way well maybe I am a newb cuz I dont know much about the 427TT and Im not a gear head (yet) and Hakka was nice and maturely debated the topic with me thanks Hakka. Supra650RSP thankyou thats what I was saying basically what is a supercar. I dont think the 427TT is a supercar nor your Supra. There both fast as hell but IMO I cant stand the 427TT and just wish when I talk about true "supercars" that no1 brings up a souped up car.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:42 PM   #40
AmErIcAnMuScLe813
AF Regular

There is obviously something wrong with that corvette which indeed should put out 650hp on the dyno.
AmErIcAnMuScLe813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:29 PM   #41
jak112460
AF Newbie

How much more is left in that Supra? I'm willing to bet that the Supra is all that it can be. I know the Vette has more power available. I will have my supercharged 427 ZO6 finished in about a month. I'm putting my ass on the line now and saying that my car will have 650RWHP on tap with more available. It just comes down to cubes. At some point that little Supra engine is going to be maxed out. I really hate when someone comes in and implies, because it cost them less to make the same horsepower, their car is somehow better. The Supra has not even been available in this country for several years and the Corvette is still here. Frankly Lingenfelter makes nice stuff but his prices are high and he puts out concervative stuff. I know that twin Turbo Vette has more horsepower on tap. Lingenfelter is concerned about reliability and thus his projects are toned down some with that in mind. I'll post my dyno numbers once my project is done.
jak112460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #42
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Can't wait to see your car and some dyno results and you're right Lingenfelter does care enough about his car's reliability and that is the reason he won't really unleash the beast.

I believe I either heard or read somewhere that he has his own personal car with power and torque so insane that he wouldn't even bother to tell anyone what he was really running under the hood.

That whatever it is he is driving has got to be sick and I'm certain he could give a rats @$$ about what kinda reliability he'll get out of his personal car.

Good luck with the car.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #43
L88srule
AF Newbie

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by italteen3
thats fine and thats wht I wanted to do to discuss this topic. You go into a forum Im talking about the new Veryon and some1 always has to go Sledgehammer or 427TT. That just pisses me off so you know what Im gonna say Titan Supra when some1 says one of the 2 cars.

And Bowtie if I dont like Corvettes and I put down your 427TT means I dont appreciate cars whoa you need to listen to what your saying. If I did not appreciate cars in general I would not be going to these forums... I just dislike Vettes but you dont like rice burners so I guess you dont appreciate cars huh? no Im guessing you do obviously but I just wanted to make those annoying people, who always bring up the damn vette, shutup. I think it is an amazing automobile but I just dont like it.
ok well then if you just dont like it just shut up i dont go to rice burner ( wanna be real cars ) rooms and say how much i just dislike them you dont like vettes stay out of the vette chat rooms
L88srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 02:14 PM   #44
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L88srule
ok well then if you just dont like it just shut up i dont go to rice burner ( wanna be real cars ) rooms and say how much i just dislike them you dont like vettes stay out of the vette chat rooms

Hey Welcome to AF! I see your from Scottsdale. Nice to see another Arizonan in here.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:18 PM   #45
italteen3
AF Newbie

Japanese cars arent real?!? Whoa I was driving in one the other days hmmm must of been my imagination....

And if you would learn how to read I didnt come in hear boasting about how much I hate the car. What my real issue was people bragging about how it could beat this, this and this when it is a "souped" car not a true "supercar". My goal was to try and prevent annoying little 12 year olds going into every room talking trash.

Why cant we discuss it maturely...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette