Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
andy625
AF Newbie

Firebird/Auto parts in Orlando???

I live in the UK and am going to Orlando for a week on vacation soon. Can anyone recommend any good auto stores in the Orlando area, where I can buy parts for my 87 Firebird.

Also, can anyone tell me how I go about posting items to myself back in the UK (to avoid taking them on the plane)? Is it just a case of going to a post office and "posting" them?????

Thanks in advance.

Andy
andy625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
RandomTask
Banned

Re: Firebird/Auto parts in Orlando???

Yeah, what are you going to be buying? General auto stores are:
AdvanceAuto
Autozone
BapGeon
Napa
Pep Boys

These places will have what you're looking for on such a car. Also, yes, a post office will be able to guide you on how to deliver parts back to your house in the UK.
RandomTask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
public
AF Enthusiast

BapGeon? I live just outside of Orlando. Never heard of that one. We also have several "warehouse" type stores in this area that will have many hard to find items. Just ask at the parts store and they will direct you to the closest one, or order it for you. You can usually get same day or next day delivery to the store at no charge. That way you won't have to try and find the warehouse in a strange town. Good Luck.

Yes, I am retarded.
public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
andy625
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Firebird/Auto parts in Orlando???

Thanks for the info guys. I will check those stores out. I was hoping to get some general service bits/hoses/belts and maybe some T top seals (but maybe they would be a bit too rare to be on sale there?). Really, I just like looking in the stores where they sell parts for REAL cars rather than the rice burning 1.0 litre crap we seem to attract over here!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #5
public
AF Enthusiast

You will have a TON of choices here. Many high performance parts for this car will be right on the shelf in every store you visit. As for T-top seals, you may want to try some of the mail order places like J.C. Whitney www.jcwhitney.com Also there probably online sites just for these cars. Good Luck. And enjoy your stay here in O-town.

Yes, I am retarded.
public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:11 AM   #6
andy625
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Firebird/Auto parts in Orlando???

Thanks for the info. Do you live in Orlando? We arrive on Saturday afternoon, and I was hoping to go to Kissimee to see the cruise. Do you know how far it is, and whether there are any buses that I can catch to get there (we're not renting a car this time)? Or if not, would it cost a fortune in a taxi??
Old 05-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

Andy, call ahead to those stores and make sure they have the parts. Many of them are well-stocked and have rock bottom prices, but they are sometimes staffed with 16-year-old kids who don't know a thing about cars. Trying to set up special orders for pickup is a terribly frustrating thing. I travel a lot and try to have stores hold a product for me or have one special ordered for pickup and it never works. Not to mention, they don't care that it has completely ruined my trip since I can't wait around for the part.

I suggest visiting their websites and 1) seeing if they'll ship direct, and 2) use the store locator and notify the orlando store that you'll be coming in and want certain parts.

Also try www.summitracing.com . I'm pretty sure they ship overseas.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical