Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
BaNe
AF Enthusiast

Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

I am thinking of buying a 97 Honda Civic EX. My brother says that it hast the VTec engine but it doesnt say it anywhere on the engine that I can see. so does it? thanks and please no flaming just an answer.

Faster and Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

CompletelyStock except 17 Enkei RS6, Megan racing Downpipe-3" piping-megan racing muffler. no cat. K&N filter.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #2
hardhousenrg303
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hardhousenrg303
if it's an EX then it should have a d16y8 motor, which has vtec. the d16y7 doesn't. it is imprinted on the engine sorta towards the bottom left
Old 04-04-2004, 12:52 AM   #3
Ricochet
Banned

Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

It has vtec but you can't hear/feel it at all, and it will feel like any other slow economical car. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 AM   #4
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

Yeah. People have to understand that sohc vtec engines are for fucking economical reasons, wasting less gas. Ive had an ex and an si, in an ex you cant feel shit.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
BaNe
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
It has vtec but you can't hear/feel it at all, and it will feel like any other slow economical car. Sorry to burst your bubble.
You know Ricochet I have read through several pasty pages fo this forum and found you being a jerk on all of them. You hardly contribute and always are negative. I havent said anything since it was never in my post.

So I gotta ask since you are always complaing like alittle kid and are "tired of this forum" why are you still here.

CompletelyStock except 17 Enkei RS6, Megan racing Downpipe-3" piping-megan racing muffler. no cat. K&N filter.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaNe
You know Ricochet I have read through several pasty pages fo this forum and found you being a jerk on all of them. You hardly contribute and always are negative. I havent said anything since it was never in my post.

So I gotta ask since you are always complaing like alittle kid and are "tired of this forum" why are you still here.
I bet heres here same reason i as am there are handful people here with amazing amout of knowagle and are cool as shit. Just sick of listein to all these dumb ass questions that have been anwsered 1000 times.

Ric is cool ppl to me. And look at his posts even if hes being a "jerk" isn't he always dead on?
Old 04-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
BaNe
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
I bet heres here same reason i as am there are handful people here with amazing amout of knowagle and are cool as shit. Just sick of listein to all these dumb ass questions that have been anwsered 1000 times.

Ric is cool ppl to me. And look at his posts even if hes being a "jerk" isn't he always dead on?
Heres a Kleenex wipe that brown shit off your nose. I asked b/c I wanted to know. If you can come to a forum to get info then why come? is this a social club?

When he says sorry to burst your bubble I would say no he isnt right on, I personally am not into trying to get "hi-performance" out of a Honda, but would like to have a car just to mess with here and there.

Old 04-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
Ricochet
Banned

I didn't mean to be a jerk in here, I was just giving it to you for real by saying yes it does, but it still doesn't matter powerwise. I thought I'd go the extra step instead of giving you a one-word answer.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:20 PM   #9
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaNe
Heres a Kleenex wipe that brown shit off your nose. I asked b/c I wanted to know. If you can come to a forum to get info then why come? is this a social club?

When he says sorry to burst your bubble I would say no he isnt right on, I personally am not into trying to get "hi-performance" out of a Honda, but would like to have a car just to mess with here and there.
aww *plays words smallest violin* just cause you dont get the anwser you want hes wrong. And cause i agree hes right i'm riding his cock? How bout you get off your high horse nobody loves you even Jesus i asked him he told me you should slit your wrists.

If you want a lil pep then you can get it with a SOHC motor there happy you got what you wanted to hear.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #10
damir831
Banned

Send a message via AIM to damir831
Well, 99% of the time people on this board will tell you to "use the search" function. Im pretty sure that pretty much every civic question has been discussed on this board at one point or another. So, why don't they just close down this board? I mean, since we can just search for every post, why are people still here? And let's say someone searches for a topic and finds one from 5 months ago and doesn't find his answer. So instead of making a new thread (because people tell him to search instead making new thread), that person bumps the post from 5 months ago to the top, and guess what everyone says? "Look at the date of this post" Either way, it's a lose lose situation. If you don't have at least 1000 posts, everyone MUST BE smarter than you, that's a fact on this board. So yeah, to answer your question, it's more like a social club, people with no lives come here to talk shit to "s"

Tip: Go to the ricer street racing story forum and just keep posting about how you killed cobras and vipers, and every time someone posts a slip, just tell them "good job." Do that for 500 times, and come back. And once you post a civilized question like you just did, someone will think you're much "cooler" because of your post count. (always remember, the more posts, the smarter [and cooler] you must be since post count = brain cell count*50000000)
Old 04-04-2004, 04:35 PM   #11
B1SiR6A
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by damir831
Well, 99% of the time people on this board will tell you to "use the search" function. Im pretty sure that pretty much every civic question has been discussed on this board at one point or another. So, why don't they just close down this board? I mean, since we can just search for every post, why are people still here? And let's say someone searches for a topic and finds one from 5 months ago and doesn't find his answer. So instead of making a new thread (because people tell him to search instead making new thread), that person bumps the post from 5 months ago to the top, and guess what everyone says? "Look at the date of this post" Either way, it's a lose lose situation. If you don't have at least 1000 posts, everyone MUST BE smarter than you, that's a fact on this board. So yeah, to answer your question, it's more like a social club, people with no lives come here to talk shit to "s"

Tip: Go to the ricer street racing story forum and just keep posting about how you killed cobras and vipers, and every time someone posts a slip, just tell them "good job." Do that for 500 times, and come back. And once you post a civilized question like you just did, someone will think you're much "cooler" because of your post count. (always remember, the more posts, the smarter [and cooler] you must be since post count = brain cell count*50000000)
...He ain't lyin...
12.000 @ 94.1 Mph
On 1000ft Track
Currently 4th in BHRA All Motor Class...Soon to be 2nd (I hope)
...Theres gonna be alotta slow singin, an flower bringin if I hear my car alarm start ringin ...
Old 04-04-2004, 06:09 PM   #12
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7

You guys want an easy solution to all this...fucking leave

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
Old 04-04-2004, 06:25 PM   #13
damir831
Banned

Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SiR6A
...He ain't lyin...
Look at the post below yours, and you can see. This 1000 post smart kiddo seems to know everything. Too bad all smart people with over 1000 posts have already left this board and people who been sucking on their sausages now think they can run this and tell people what to do. And didn't I just tell everyone how they get their post # up? Not by helping people, but by saying stuff like "just leave"
Old 04-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #14
Ace$nyper
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damir831
Look at the post below yours, and you can see. This 1000 post smart kiddo seems to know everything. Too bad all smart people with over 1000 posts have already left this board and people who been sucking on their sausages now think they can run this and tell people what to do. And didn't I just tell everyone how they get their post # up? Not by helping people, but by saying stuff like "just leave"
HAHAHAHAHAHH your such a fucker hater so no one knows anything here your priceless dude.

And we think were better cause we have more posts? pfff your a clown dude i keep losing respect for you by the second. I have alot of posts cause i've been here for a long time and post shit loads of tech info.
hows this GO FUCK YOUR DOG!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:04 PM   #15
damir831
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid Question but how else am I gonna find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
GO FUCK YOUR DOG!

Figures, nothing but immature little kiddos.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV