Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
thefiction1948
AF Newbie

Post Is Mazda The Right Choice?? Informed answers only!

Hello all,
I have been looking through cars for the last 6 months changing my mind about every few weeks. I am 19 so of course I want cheap, reliable and good performance. Now I am quickly realizing how it is impossible to have all three. My longest fling was with the Cadillac CTS, had some nice get up but high cost and low mpg. I grazed through Acura’s, Lexus, Audi, but finding something cheap meant something old. I am staying away from the dull Honda, Toyota scene; I know there reliability but it is just not for me. So recently, I decided I did not have to go 0-60 in under 6 secs and I started looking at the Mazda collections. I love the look of the 3, and it has used cost and mpg is definitely a huge plus, it seems the 6 is not much faster but all of that I will figure upon test drive. However, either way I can get a nice used Mazda with a reasonable amount of miles for around 11k. I am planning to put a few thousand down, trade in my grand cherokee, and finance the rest. I suppose what I am asking is whether this Mazda is right for me. I have a few questions.

1. Do they really require expensive repairs due to "special order parts"? Is this true and if so, is it something to cause me to look elsewhere?
  2. Which model out of 3i 3s vs. 6 6s to choose. Is there a huge difference in acceleration and performance/reliability?
  3. Manual vs. Automatic. I have driven auto all my life and will be doing a lot of highway and busy city driving. I would like to try manual but I don’t want to have it be more of an inconvenience, will I lose the feel by getting auto?

If I could get some insight on these issues it would be greatly appreciated I would not mind if people have other recommendations to throw at me. Please only people that have experience about Mazda’s only, I do not need rumors I need facts, and I do not care how many miles are on your Honda civic.

Thanks,
your time is much appreciated.
thefiction1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
ctwright
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is Mazda The Right Choice?? Informed answers only!

I would definitely go for high MPGs right now. After this last 4 and 5 dollars a gallon came you never know when it will get like that again or possibly get even higher. I see where you said you may get a used vehicle. That is always a good idea to let the first owner take the biggest depreciation hit. Because a new vehicle looses its value as soon as it's driven off the lot. I think you was looking for more info about the Mazda itself I just wanted to through that in there about the gas prices.
ctwright is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
buying , mazda , mazda3 , mazda6
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion