Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
tr10av
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tr10av
MTX Jackhammer

I just finished watching the brand new "Pimp My Ride" on MTV. They put in a the Jackhammer which is a monster sub holy shit. They needed 3 batteries, 6 caps, and 5 amps to run the thing. It weighs 320 lbs, 23" tall, 22" wide, 6k RMS and 12k peak. God that'd be awesome to have that. Everyone always talks about how loud and clear their subs are you wouldn't even have to say anything just open the trunk put the volume on 5 and it's already louder than theirs. Peoples mouths would just be hanging open.

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/pro...jackHammer.cfm

It's $6k
tr10av is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

hahahaha. i dont want it but it is pretty awesome. Just so you know Audiobahn makes a 34" 5,000 Watt sub.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #3
tr10av
AF Regular

Re: MTX Jackhammer

yeah but i think when you compare the 2(audiobahn and mtx) i think mtx is a much better brand.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

i agree i was just throwing that out there
Old 08-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #5
L|_|da
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to L|_|da

thats stupid as shit, why? i mean, i like loud, but that jsut stupid. of course you could bas anyone out @ like 10% volume, but the there jsut be like, yea... well i bought a new car, and my system, and i still spent 2K less then you.
L|_|da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #6
Mannyb18b
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mannyb18b Send a message via MSN to Mannyb18b

You guys are idiots, that shit is all a gimmick. I'll take an 18" MT over that anyday an probably destroy the MTX or AudioPawn.
(2) 15" Q's 8 cubes after 80sqin. 28hz
CDT EF-61's
Profile AP1040 on comps
NSB-100
Mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

I never heard anyone here say that they were actually going to buy it....so yeah were idiots.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
tr10av
AF Regular

The only people that would ever buy this are people that are rich and have money to burn. Not the average person for his everyday driver. So are we idiots for just talking about a new sub?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #9
str8Subbin
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to str8Subbin Send a message via MSN to str8Subbin

wut bout that kicker soloX. I saw one at this stereo shop n that shit was a monster. didn't get to hear it tho
str8Subbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #10
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Ok these kinds of subs are built for one thing: SPL. not quality, just pure loudness. that means you dont want them if you listen to anything but solid bass, which i doubt. You would be alot better off buying two 12's then one huge sub like these.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #11
UndercoverPunk
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to UndercoverPunk

To loosly quote someone from a different audio board...

"MTX felt like making a huge subwoofer, so they did. [/thread]"
UndercoverPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
I saw that thing this weekend at the car show I was in. MTX brought that thing along with Mad Mike. They didn't play it, but I asked the MTX guy what SPL they hit with that thing. He said the 160's.

Now, to put this in perspective, the loudest SPL @ the audio portion, the IASCA comp section, of the show...was 167.3. I saw them hit that. It was 4 Phoenix Gold Titanium Comp subs, and so much other crap I can't even remember it. I know it had the whole rear hatch with batteries, steel lined and reinforced. It was nuts.

My point...the Jackhammer could hit into the 160's, the rep said. These 4 guys from Canada...their 4 12 PG set-up hit 167.3. Granted, they had the cra built for it...it was apure SPL car...down to the key'd ignition under the hood and the rev control under there...and the headunit able to be moved outside the car. Still...their total cost wasn't any worse than the price of that beast, and it outdid what the rep said the jackhammer could do. If fact, I saw show mad mike and the rep and what there's could do when they walked over that way.

I've seen that audiobahn one too...a shop in Gresham has it hanging from the ceiling. Having seen both, I can say it's way bigger in sizr than the jackhammer even. Still...both are a gross and exsessive waste of money. No need for that...ever...even for pure SPL. Those guys I talked about above are a perfect example.

As was said...it boils down to this. MTX and Audiobahn wanted to build a huge subwoofer that was the definination of exssessive...so they did.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #13
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

sorta like eDuh's uperwoofer thing that will never work???

MTX=garbadge...id like to se this 160's from that hung of steaming shit...its a waste of metal, strictly looking at it it would take a HUGE enclsorue to get anytype of desired performance...its like trying to stuff an 18 into 4cuft ported...you;s be better off wit ha single 15.... this is stuffing 22" into 10cuft or w/e...you'd be better off with an 18...and audiobahns 36 is just gay...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #14
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
sorta like eDuh's uperwoofer thing that will never work???

MTX=garbadge...id like to se this 160's from that hung of steaming shit...its a waste of metal, strictly looking at it it would take a HUGE enclsorue to get anytype of desired performance...its like trying to stuff an 18 into 4cuft ported...you;s be better off wit ha single 15.... this is stuffing 22" into 10cuft or w/e...you'd be better off with an 18...and audiobahns 36 is just gay...
Yeah...no kidding. I was not impressed with either one at all. The jackhammer...they wouldn't even play sound we can hear through it...they just had some sub-sonic test tones going so you could see it move, but couldn't hear it. I was like....this is supposed to impress me? I didn't care for it

I was right next to the booth where they were doing the SPL portion of the IASCA comp, thats why I saw those guys from Canada hit that 167.3.

I was there for the car show part. I thought about entering the SQ and SPL but didn't have the extra $$. The IASCA guys told me afterwards they thought I could have placed in SQ. SPL would have been tough, but I would have done that just to see what I hit if I'd had the $$. The best part was when the MTX rep saw my trunk and car...full of all nice Phoenix Gold stuff...and said " you gotta get MTX in there." I said back the truth, "I took out my MTX and other stuff for this."

The Phoenix Gold sounds clean and hits loud and clear...not like MTX. MTX is just SPL...not SQ at all. Phoenix Gold is SQ and can still wail.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #15
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
I've seen the audiobahn one at a shop here, he suspends it from a crane looking thing that you use to pull motors out of a car
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio