Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:13 AM   #1
Ayjay
AF Newbie

Unhappy Stereo wire problems

I have an 88 model Holden Astra, but its exactly the same as a pulsar and I have removed the old stereo only to find I have no idea what the colours of the wires are in the car.
The colours are as follows:

Black Blue/Red Yellow Red
Black/white orange black/pink Brown

Can some one please tell me what these colours are so I can hook up my new stereo ?
Thank you.
Ayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
dkerr
AF Newbie

Re: Stereo wire problems

this should help,

i just installed a cd player into my mates 91 pulsar.
on the back of the factory tape deck, there will be a plug with all the wires connecting into, there will be three in a group by themselves and there will be four in a group by themselves (thats if it is 2-channel). I can't remember which one was which, but all i did to check them out was get a testlight (if you havent got one, you can get one from most cheap shops). put one end of the testlight on the black wire (if its earth, if you dont know, connect it to a bolt or bit of metal), then with the other end of the testlight, touch the three wires, which are in a group (touch them separetly!!!), and which ever one lights up, is your memory. Then turn on the ignition and touch the 2 last wires again, which ever one lights up, will be your "12v wire" or "ignition wire" (there both the same). The last wire "should" be your earth. now, the other wires (the 4 wires together), should be your speaker wires, you will have to hook them up to see what speaker is what.

hope this helps!

I did this install a few months ago, so my info might be a bit off. but don't worry, coz it should be just about right!

PS: Always use a test light, they come in real handy!
dkerr is offline   Reply With Quote