Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 09:16 PM   #61
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

Re: Interior paint??

i had respect for other people's car but then people just started dissing on my altezzas, i mean who said n e thing about his car in the first place? yea dat's right, i ain't the one pickin' fights here. Waste of bandwith is when u try to make other people be like u and they end up not. You've wasted your time Ricochet.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #62
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn
Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman_pdx
I am from the portland, oregon, area. That idea of "fishing" the wires is one way around how to wire it after install, lol. I got the vinyl idea from how they paint flames on cars. Did you get the DIY fiberglass lips idea from that thread in the exterior/bodykit forums? I've read that thread before. So you are carpeting the outside of the box and the edges? I don't imagine you are carpeting the inside since you painted it black. Get us pics of the trunk when it's done..I hope none of the wooden doles holding it up brake when u are driving, that would suck. Isn't there a better way, maybe use wooden dowels to figure out the length you need, then use metal rods instead for the final install, since they'll be stronger. I have heard from lacal stereo shops that if you bolt the fiberglass shell, heck, MDF, anything, to the trunk, you should put some silicon in the hole the screw is in so water can't leak in. I'd feel safer myself by trying to figure out how to get some airflow in there, but I guess that's me and my "better safe than sorry" attitude.
the idea of fiberglassing the lips actually came from that site thats linked in that forum. the one of that guy who made lips for his hyundai or whatever... yes the exterior of the peice will be carpeted, and no the interior of the box will not. i'll be sure to get many many pics. as for the wooden doll support thing, most of the support will actually be from the fiberglassing. i've talked to numerous people who do custom enclosures for subs and such, and they initially support the mdf rings with wooden dolls, cover with fleece and glass, and then remove the wooden dolls because they are no longer needed. all the support comes from the fiberglass structure. now remembering that this is just for subs, i know that this box and amp will carry a bit more weight so i'll leave the dowels there.(the combined weight of the box, amp and plexiglass window is just about 11 pounds) i'll use four dowels, or more if i feel that it isn't secure. i'm sure that metal rods arn't necessary but you could if you want. when i get to mounting the box to the car, which hole are you talking about sealing? i don't think its necessary to seal the fiberglass enclosure. i'm gonna order those cold cathodes on monday, so i'll get pics as soon as i get them situated in the box.
Luke
Old 12-27-2003, 11:45 PM   #63
pheurton-skeurto
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTRboi
i had respect for other people's car but then people just started dissing on my altezzas, i mean who said n e thing about his car in the first place? yea dat's right, i ain't the one pickin' fights here. Waste of bandwith is when u try to make other people be like u and they end up not. You've wasted your time Ricochet.
skylinegtrboi...everything about you reaks of your yearning for attention. your 'sassy' attitude, those sleek altezzas, your edgy posts containing wisdom such as 'dat' and 'n e thing.' keep that yearning in check. as for your sig...your car sucks, its not the altezzas, its just everything. people get way too carried away with that damn interior paint...
1995 Honda Civic LX
Bone Friggin' Stock
Old 12-27-2003, 11:55 PM   #64
Ricochet
Banned

Word yo
one.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:33 AM   #65
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn
the idea of fiberglassing the lips actually came from that site thats linked in that forum. the one of that guy who made lips for his hyundai or whatever... yes the exterior of the peice will be carpeted, and no the interior of the box will not. i'll be sure to get many many pics. as for the wooden doll support thing, most of the support will actually be from the fiberglassing. i've talked to numerous people who do custom enclosures for subs and such, and they initially support the mdf rings with wooden dolls, cover with fleece and glass, and then remove the wooden dolls because they are no longer needed. all the support comes from the fiberglass structure. now remembering that this is just for subs, i know that this box and amp will carry a bit more weight so i'll leave the dowels there.(the combined weight of the box, amp and plexiglass window is just about 11 pounds) i'll use four dowels, or more if i feel that it isn't secure. i'm sure that metal rods arn't necessary but you could if you want. when i get to mounting the box to the car, which hole are you talking about sealing? i don't think its necessary to seal the fiberglass enclosure. i'm gonna order those cold cathodes on monday, so i'll get pics as soon as i get them situated in the box.
Luke
I was refering to, when you mount a sub box, MDF backerboard, or a fiberglass shell/structure to the trunk, and you use screws, it's a good idea to put some silicion on the hole you drilled for the screws, to keep water out. As for the fiberglassing, are you doing more then once you have the box set in there. Kind of mounting the shell, puting down the downs to postion the box in, and then fiberglassing it in as a finished product? I know have seen them use mounted tabs and wood screws to hold the sub mounting rings in place during fiberglassing...
here's a link to a DIY from eurolowrider where they show it, about halfway down.
http://www.lowridereuroweb.com/tech/0112lre_basstech/
Anyways, yea, 11lbs isn't too bad. Yea, I remember that webpage, the guy doing custom lips and skirts for his Hyundi...for a DIY, it actually came out quite well. He consturcted it cleanly, you wouldn't really know if he hadn't said anything.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #66
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

my car sucks? look at u, u have a LX haha. DAT's Da WaY I liK3 2 TyPe goT a Pr0Bl3m?? lol. Eh at least i didn't photoshopped my engine to make it look like Type R when it's really not lol. yeah don't let that valve cover fool u. Ricochet you have nothing to prove dat it's a Type R other than a picture of the engine from the front view, if it was from different angle then that's different. n e one can photoshop a picture that easy. BTW Mr. Type R you got that sig off of vancouvercivics.com
Old 12-28-2003, 01:12 PM   #67
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

Also, let's not get into the way pple type since that would "waste bandwith", after all this is an Automotive Forum ain't it?
Old 12-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #68
Ricochet
Banned

Not that I have anything to prove to an all show no go faggy ricer like you, but it's ownage time for you, and any other piece of shit who wants to call me a liar.

I put a pack of smokes on it to prove it's mine, where else can you get a pic of that?

You're not going to get very far around here by calling us all posers, which ironically is very hypocritical on your part.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #69
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03

Uh oh, here it comes....
Old 12-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #70
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03

yeah yeah I know Ive used that pic before...but I couldnt resist.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:21 PM   #71
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Can you say owned??? Nice Ricochet..that pic with the smokes on the hood, that's classic, lol. SkylineGTRboi , learn something. Coming in here calling us liers will get you no where fast. Maybe your refering to yourself when you say "you have an LX hahaha."..Ricochet does have a type-r in there. It's your ass that doesn't have that, so just shut up and stop with the shit. It's no crappy ass LX motor he has. Don't come in here and call us liers. That's a good way to get your ass ran out of here. I normally don't pick on noobs like this, but I'll make an execption in this case. Learn your place noob, don't come in here calling us vet's liers. Being an asshole like this is a sure way to get no help from any of us. May you talk your way into being banned.

BTW, 99civic03 ,nice pic there. Perfect for occasions such as this.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:51 AM   #72
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
I was refering to, when you mount a sub box, MDF backerboard, or a fiberglass shell/structure to the trunk, and you use screws, it's a good idea to put some silicion on the hole you drilled for the screws, to keep water out. As for the fiberglassing, are you doing more then once you have the box set in there. Kind of mounting the shell, puting down the downs to postion the box in, and then fiberglassing it in as a finished product? I know have seen them use mounted tabs and wood screws to hold the sub mounting rings in place during fiberglassing...
here's a link to a DIY from eurolowrider where they show it, about halfway down.
http://www.lowridereuroweb.com/tech/0112lre_basstech/
Anyways, yea, 11lbs isn't too bad. Yea, I remember that webpage, the guy doing custom lips and skirts for his Hyundi...for a DIY, it actually came out quite well. He consturcted it cleanly, you wouldn't really know if he hadn't said anything.

i deffinitly agree about using the silicone to seal up the hole. thats a good idea. as for fiberglassing-yes i am going to mount the box to the shell, stretch fleece over the front, slap the resin on the fleece(except for the part that is stretched over the box because i will be cutting that away obviously) and then one layer of mat ontop of the fleece. then i'll use some spray adhesive and cover the front with trunk carpet. i'll make sure i take lots of pictures of each stage of the process.

Luke
Old 12-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #73
Ricochet
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Looks like GTRboi shut up pretty quick... I'll have to keep an eye out for his future posts now where he's asking for help, so I can paste a link to this page for everybody to see before helping him.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:28 PM   #74
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

Quote:
Can you say owned??? Nice Ricochet..that pic with the smokes on the hood, that's classic, lol. SkylineGTRboi , learn something. Coming in here calling us liers will get you no where fast. Maybe your refering to yourself when you say "you have an LX hahaha."..Ricochet does have a type-r in there. It's your ass that doesn't have that, so just shut up and stop with the shit. It's no crappy ass LX motor he has. Don't come in here and call us liers. That's a good way to get your ass ran out of here. I normally don't pick on noobs like this, but I'll make an execption in this case. Learn your place noob, don't come in here calling us vet's liers. Being an asshole like this is a sure way to get no help from any of us. May you talk your way into being banned.

BTW, 99civic03 ,nice pic there. Perfect for occasions such as this.
ahem...."calling us"??? lol that's funny cuz no one said n e thing about u so just stay out of it. so wut if he has Type R in there, his car still looks butt ugly like his girl, if he gets n e with that car of his lol. Girls don't really care about Type R, if you've picked up n e, u'd know haha. BTW it's guys like this Type R dude that makes pple miss the real meaning of a ricer. Don't call me a ricer when u don't know what it really is.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #75
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTRboi
ahem...."calling us"??? lol that's funny cuz no one said n e thing about u so just stay out of it. so wut if he has Type R in there, his car still looks butt ugly like his girl, if he gets n e with that car of his lol. Girls don't really care about Type R, if you've picked up n e, u'd know haha. BTW it's guys like this Type R dude that makes pple miss the real meaning of a ricer. Don't call me a ricer when u don't know what it really is.

Will you please shut the hell up!!!

you have already been told to stop by a mod, and two respected members. So what is your problem???

HAHA you need your car to get girls?? thats weak man, besides I don't know any good lookin chicks who would go for that roach of a car you drive.

you said yourself that you bought your car that way? I hope the seller knocked off $2000, cuz of all the work you gotta put into it to make it look nice again. You are nothing but a 16 year old poser who thinks he knows his shit, has daddy buy him a "really cool" civic that has painted interior, crappy body kit, and altezzas, cuz you are under the misconception that that is cool... its sad...

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"