Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:36 PM   #31
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra227
I actually like those F1 mirrors... just not on any car thats not an F1 car.
Well yea, kinda like BMW style parts - they belong on BMW's not other makes.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:51 PM   #32
ra227
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackasssi
Well yea, kinda like BMW style parts - they belong on BMW's not other makes.
Funny thing I actually wanted those M3 style mirrors w/ the led lights. At first I saw M3 style mirrors on a teg. in a mag and they were carbon fiber-REAL- though. It looked really good but this was way before they got popular. Now all the M3 mirrors I see on civics and tegs. are on them all cock-eyed or off-Kilter. I wanted them up till last year when a friend of mine got them- the plastic ones w/ the led lights- for his Civic cx. Yeah they looked horrible and I really don't want them anymore.
ra227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:26 AM   #33
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Funny thing I actually wanted those M3 style mirrors w/ the led lights. At first I saw M3 style mirrors on a teg. in a mag and they were carbon fiber-REAL- though. It looked really good but this was way before they got popular. Now all the M3 mirrors I see on civics and tegs. are on them all cock-eyed or off-Kilter. I wanted them up till last year when a friend of mine got them- the plastic ones w/ the led lights- for his Civic cx. Yeah they looked horrible and I really don't want them anymore.
Yeah, the quality control on those varies greatly. And, suprisingly, a lot of people can't see straight enough to align a mirror set, or anything else for that matter, level. lol.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #34
pheurton-skeurto
AF Enthusiast

yesterday i definately saw some guy in a 2000+ gt mustang with a skyline GTR badge on it. thats pretty f-in gay. and hes probably the same domestic lovin son of a bitch who constantly talks bad about imports. jokes on him though...ha ha
pheurton-skeurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:38 PM   #35
ra227
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheurton-skeurto
yesterday i definately saw some guy in a 2000+ gt mustang with a skyline GTR badge on it. thats pretty f-in gay. and hes probably the same domestic lovin son of a bitch who constantly talks bad about imports. jokes on him though...ha ha

Now thats just sad. I've personally seen way to many badges being sported on cars that they have no reason being sported on. The most infamous of these is of-course the Type R badge. Man if I had a type R engine, or parts, in my non-type R car I would never put in on there- just doesn't look right.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #36
pheurton-skeurto
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Now thats just sad. I've personally seen way to many badges being sported on cars that they have no reason being sported on. The most infamous of these is of-course the Type R badge. Man if I had a type R engine, or parts, in my non-type R car I would never put in on there- just doesn't look right.
ra227, i think we should make this rule official: ifyou see a person with a type r badge on their ridek, we can stop them, at this point they MUST show proof of a type r engine. if no proof is shown, i believe an assbeatin is in line. what do you think? get back to me.
pheurton-skeurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #37
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Re: Re: Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheurton-skeurto
ra227, i think we should make this rule official: ifyou see a person with a type r badge on their ridek, we can stop them, at this point they MUST show proof of a type r engine. if no proof is shown, i believe an assbeatin is in line. what do you think? get back to me.

hahaaha that reminds me of something....
my sophmore year in college. a friend of mine decided to bring his car to school, well he got it there and he had a type R badge on the trunk. well I told him he was stupid, but he liked it.

one night when i was stumbleing home from the bars I happened to see his car in the parking lot, so i wandered over to it and ripped the badge off of it, when i got to our room I threw it at him..... he never put it back on

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #38
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

I saw a Type-R badge on a god damn Peugeot 406, a French car! It also had Initial D stickers all over it, some bright blue plastic mesh stuff, lots of other fake sponsors and a big aluminum spoiler on the back!
Old 11-22-2003, 02:41 AM   #39
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoxy
I saw a Type-R badge on a god damn Peugeot 406, a French car! It also had Initial D stickers all over it, some bright blue plastic mesh stuff, lots of other fake sponsors and a big aluminum spoiler on the back!
A type-r badge on a peugeot, now that is sad. Then again, who ever puts these badges on when they onw the real thing?? No one, cuz it comes with it one. Every then, they take the badge off or shave it sometimes. Most of the people that put on the badges are the idiots that think it will make them look cool....A Type-R badge on a Peugeot, thats just funny.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:43 AM   #40
ra11585643
AF Enthusiast

I put type "R" badges on my YUGO and the weight slowed it down!
ra11585643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #41
ra227
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorwj
one night when i was stumbleing home from the bars I happened to see his car in the parking lot, so i wandered over to it and ripped the badge off of it, when i got to our room I threw it at him..... he never put it back on

Thats funny as hell... A pheurton-skeurto I've been wanting to beat up every riced out civic owner I've seen, then the Type-r badges just add insult to injury. We should probably just bomb their cars like GTA 3 lol. Be alot easier than messing up my knuckles. Seen a semi-riced out camaro that had a wing and a p.o.s. exhaust that made it sound like...well...a p.o.s. It gets worse everyday.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #42
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats the gayest thing youve ever seen?

Quote:
:Thats funny as hell... A pheurton-skeurto I've been wanting to beat up every riced out civic owner I've seen, then the Type-r badges just add insult to injury. We should probably just bomb their cars like GTA 3 lol. Be alot easier than messing up my knuckles. Seen a semi-riced out camaro that had a wing and a p.o.s. exhaust that made it sound like...well...a p.o.s. It gets worse everyday.
A riced out Domestic Muscle Car? Now that is just sad....Both camps will now hate him, both import and muscle car people. As for your GTA 3 comment, call it giving the car "The GTA Award," lol.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #43
JakeDrummer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to JakeDrummer Send a message via MSN to JakeDrummer
seems like civics are the worst ones:

i hate all the rice boys with there "CIVIC EX SI Type R DOHC VTEC" badge.... come on now thats just gay. if your gonna be stuped enough to do it, first pull the EX tag off. I acctully was behind a riced out civic with all of those badges on it one time at a light. LOL

oh and racing stripes.... on a civic..... come on now... we all know they make us go faster plus if we add that big ugly decklid crushing spoiler along with some "custom" painted door handles and side skirts in YELLOW on a black civic!!
94' S-10 - Winter Beater.
98' Jetta - Wife's Car.
81' Kawasaki LTD440

OLD/SOLD CARS: 93' Civic (Sold 124k) -- 91' Civic (Dead 300K) --
91' Civic (STOLEN) -- 92' Civic (Donor) -- 90' Caravan (Dead 227k) -- 89' Civic (Sold 289k) -- 90' Accord (Sold 265k) -- 96' Corrola (Dead 174k) -- 99' Beetle (Sold 134k)
JakeDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:39 PM   #44
OneSikCRX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to OneSikCRX Send a message via Yahoo to OneSikCRX
here in DESMOINES,IA i see a 90's montecarlo with a big ass apc wing and like 6 type-r stickers and spinning DUB-CAPS and driven by hispanics,,,,, i also see a early 90's cougar with that gardening stuf like that civic that was on ebay, stapled to the bottom of the car and painted to match, also driven by hispanics,,,,,, and at the street races i see like 4 metros tryin to race people all the time
OneSikCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:57 PM   #45
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSikCRX
and at the street races i see like 4 metros tryin to race people all the time
4 Geo Metro's, lol. Yea, show off that 20 second quarter mile!!!!