Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
jamesk48
AF Newbie

Does my car look totaled?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mh5sgi.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/11sh17a.jpg

It is a 2007 Nissan Sentra, so it was pretty expensive when I bought it. The car still runs, and I was able to drive it after the accident. There does not appear to be any frame damage, and there was no damage to the 18-wheeler that I hit. Also, the air bags did not go off, and nothing is bent inwards - mostly just stripped away. The tires are still facing straight, too.
Does it look totaled to you?
jamesk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
bodymanhelper
AF Newbie

Re: Does my car look totaled?

Hi

I would still take it to a body shop and them put it on a frame rack jsut to make sure. If the car has no frame damage after that and if you can replace the parts yourself then just make a list of what you need. Go from there. We are always here if you have any questions.
bodymanhelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
driveraven
AF Newbie

Your front end does not look good. It doesn't take much these days to have your car marked totaled. Did you ever get a quote back from your insurance company?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
FishFind
One Hot Shot

Yeah what we say won't matter. Its what the ins co says. If they say totaled then you are screwed. Unless you where under covered and it was your fault.
FishFind is offline   Reply With Quote