Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
CraigWallace
AF Newbie

1992 Roadmaster Back Windows/ Cd player question

Hey everyone I am new here.
My passenger windows won't roll down. The left side will but then it will get stuck. The right one won't at all. I am told that I can get new motors and just replace them, on eBay they are about $50 each for brand new ones.
Is that all I need?Or will I need more?And how can I fix it also?
Is there anyway I can put a cd player in the wagon as well? eBay also has some '95-'96 cd players but I don't want to buy anything first without knowing whether it will work or not. How would I remove the dash to insert a new one, as well?
The summer is coming up and it gets really hot here. So I don't want to die of heat The air doesn't work really well either, but I'd rather fix the windows first.
Thanks for any help.
~Craig
CraigWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
CraigWallace
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 Roadmaster Back Windows/ Cd player question

how do you get the antenna down also?
CraigWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: 1992 Roadmaster Back Windows/ Cd player question

Welcome to AF!
First off, check out these two threads: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=562839 and
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=634130 . They may give you a little insight as to a possible problem with why your windows may not operate correctly. I'd start there first. I had the same issue as you about wanting a cd player in my Roadmaster. I was a little "strapped for cash" and was also looking on eBay. I'd watch those ones that are in the auctions as many are pulled from junk or wrecked vehicles and you cannot be sure they will work once you go through all the work of trying to put one in your car. Here's a solution I did that you might want to consider instead. I bought an adapter at Wal Mart for around $10 that lets you play a personal cd player OR mp3 player through your cassette player in your car. I ended up purchasing a small mp3 player that holds over 150 songs and loaded a bunch of music from my cd collection onto it. I then have it hooked up to my car stereo and am able to quickly disconnect it and take it with me if I wish. I like that option as I can have many hours of music on the player and not have to change out cds. If I don't want to hear a particular song playing at the time I just advance it to the next one on the player. Real easy! ( and MUCH cheaper!) Your antennae may not be working properly. Can you hear the motor that drives it up and pulls it down when you turn your radio off and on? If not you can check the electrical connections first to make sure it didn't become disconnected. then check to see if the unit is getting power. If it is and still not working it might be time for replacement. There are many good sources for replacement antennas. Try rockauto.com or gmpartsdirect, or even eBay to name a few.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster