Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 05:42 AM   #1
Rob_Vuli
AF Newbie

Post Vy Ss More Power?

I recently got myself a vy ss and need to find the right info on how to gain more power (kw's) the right waywho can help?

Rob
Rob_Vuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
GPT
AF Newbie

Re: Vy Ss More Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Vuli
I recently got myself a vy ss and need to find the right info on how to gain more power (kw's) the right waywho can help?

Rob
I'll help out.Firstly where are you and how much do want to spend? Has the vehicle got any mods?Manual or auto ?

Let me know.
GPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Zwrangler
AF Enthusiast

mate just buy an holden peformance magazine from your news agent and you're bound to find a ton of info on how to modify an SS. Obviously the first step is get an exhaust, headers package. I think Lambros Hitech make the best exhaust systems personally down in Sydney, but Tuffy Tone in Waterloo (sydney) also does a pretty good job and has done many SS's so find an exhaust shop thats had experience with this car. A good exhaust should give you an extra 10-20 kws, maybe more. Its the cheapest mod for the amount of power you gain. Also, i've read that the SS engine gets huge gains and benefits from a Cold Air Induction kit which will probably set you back only a couple of hundred bucks and I think it'll give you around 10-20 extra kws.

If you got $$$$$ to spend, then Supercharge the beast. Get in touch with your local performance mechanic and ask, theres many good ones around, just buy any mag and you'll find at least 5 numbers for performance mechanics. But most importantly, make sure they've done this kind of job and are familiar with the SS engine. Hope I've helped in any way.

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Zwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote