Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #16
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77
Re: What can I get for $1500?

DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP you have never even played with RE and Adire...... DIRECTED SUCKS ASS....... jesus at least we have messed w. directed shit before saying what is better.....BTW FUCK Orion 2500d's...... IA 20.1's are almost out WOOOT!!!!!!
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:21 PM   #17
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Omg Please Tell Paul Or Whoever Runns This Mofoe To Band This Fool Directed Obviously Suks, Stop Trying To Sell Your Products. No One Will Buy Them. Can We Have A Vote To Ban Him, Lol.
Powerefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to threedd97 Send a message via AIM to threedd97
Why do all car audio shops wet their pants over rear suspension. If your stock suspension is in good condition, you don't need to worry about it.
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Possibly a Cadence ZRS-10
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
threedd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #19
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
2 15's need twice the power....we are working on a buget....
He's working with $1500. He can get two RE SX 15's and still have more than enough dough to power them and get his components.
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
Old 02-27-2005, 11:43 PM   #20
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerefx
Omg Please Tell Paul Or Whoever Runns This Mofoe To Band This Fool Directed Obviously Suks, Stop Trying To Sell Your Products. No One Will Buy Them. Can We Have A Vote To Ban Him, Lol.
No need for a ban. It would be nice if he'd stop pushing only Directed on all these people.

On an unrelated issue, why are you typing all your words capitalized?
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
Old 02-28-2005, 01:33 AM   #21
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Well according to most that were at the SEMA show last month, yes. Now, you'll hear the same people on here tout adire or RE all day long. Personally, I do not like them because their setup is old school. Yes, they are low powered which is great but they usually need unusually large enclosures. Unless you want to have to mess with the rear suspension because of all the added weight, look for something that requires little space to sound good. I use to have a lot of locals talk shit about DEI until they heard what they are actually about. Same goes for the idiots on here. They've never actually heard a real DEI system but they'll play like they know what they are talking about.
wow, I don't think I've ever seen so many blatant (and wrong) generalizations in one paragraph in my entire life.

1 - Only 4 models in Adire's entire lineup, and NONE of RE's models use that "old school" philosophy of high efficiency and great low end extension at the expense of box size

2 - The added weight BS goes along with #1, again ONLY 4 OF ADIRE'S MODELS need big boxes, and you know what's even funnier? A lot of the mainstream crap uses the same design, they just lie to you and tell you that they can use smaller boxes than they really can so you're happy with your small box and "high efficiency" sub (which now has a low efficiency and crappy low end due to your mismatched box). At least Adire actually tells you the correct box size instead of filling your head with marketing BS that's just blatantly wrong.

3 - You know absolutely nothing about me or any of the other people here, our past experiences, our knowledge about electronics and acoustics, or why we choose what we do. Please don't pretend like you do, you just make yourself look like a jackass.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:42 AM   #22
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Well according to most that were at the SEMA show last month, yes. Now, you'll hear the same people on here tout adire or RE all day long. Personally, I do not like them because their setup is old school. Yes, they are low powered which is great but they usually need unusually large enclosures. Unless you want to have to mess with the rear suspension because of all the added weight, look for something that requires little space to sound good. I use to have a lot of locals talk shit about DEI until they heard what they are actually about. Same goes for the idiots on here. They've never actually heard a real DEI system but they'll play like they know what they are talking about.

Remember, no matter what you pick, the install is ALWAYS the key to an awesome sounding system.
It still baffles me how you talk with Directed's cock shoved so far down your throat...

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:51 AM   #23
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Looka single RE SX 18.... because you listen to mostly rap XBL^2 will just add to the cost for no extra SQ. so the SX will do fine, since it acutally has the ability to get louder than the XXX

Yeah, surprised Mike didn't catch this one first...
THE ONLY RE SUB WITH XBL^2 out at this moment is the XXX. Nice try tho

NG

My pick:
-Alpine 9833 via www.crutchfield.com (Authorized dealer, full warranty, wiring harness install needs included!)
-CDT EF61-cfi/25 Components via Authorized Dealer (aim: djdillliodon or e-email island sound1@yahoo.com Tell Don Ngsm13 sent you)
-Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 (125 rms x 2 @4ohms to components, new via ebay or online store close-out)
Subs:
-One Incriminator Audio Death penalty (www.incriminatoraudio.com call for direct pricing)
-One Ascendant Audio Avalanche (www.ascendantaudio.com)
-One Soundsplinter Rl-p (www.soundsplinter.com)

Amplifiers:
Avionixx 1200.2 OR Viper 1200.1 OR Any amp that does around 1000rms @1ohm

Wiring: www.knukonceptz.com

Box: I design inexpensive lay-outs for custom ported enclosures, PM if you'd like to purchase one.

All this will be WELL under $1500 and it'll sound great and get loud. Good thing with my suggestion as well, you won't need to spend tons o' money on electrical system upgrades! Good luck, peace

NG
Old 02-28-2005, 03:22 AM   #24
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsm13
He actually was indirectly saying the SX doesn't sport the XBL^2 which is why he was saying he won't need the XXX line which is a lot more expensive.

Not trying to jump on you, just trying to stick up for Fry. He takes a beating in these forums .
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
Old 02-28-2005, 03:42 AM   #25
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

If he would just learn to spell LMAO.....he's commin around tho Ponchonutty is the ass raping reciever of the forums now...... BTW poncho.....right here I proceeded to write for ever just ripping poncho a new one but I deleted it..... I'm not gunna rip him one right now cuz I'm in a good mood and he's just reccomending what he likes..... whoever said he was tryin to sell shit....nah just reccomending it so don't play it off like he thinks its just junk tryin to make some money...... I was guilty of it at one time too tellin' everyone I knew to get Audiobahns...... Now Poncho I've been nice for a change so y don't u drive down here and get your ears blown away by some RE.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:33 AM   #26
x-171
AF Newbie

one rather silly question though...
why not use JL and such?
overpriced is it?
umm... i can get JL products very cheaply.
12JLW6V2 for US$200.
and compared to XXX 12" or brahmas 12" does the 12JLW6V2 on par with it concerning my type of music?
x-171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 AM   #27
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

one rather silly question though...
why not use JL and such?

JL is another good choice

overpriced is it?
very

umm... i can get JL products very cheaply.
12JLW6V2 for US$200.
And compared to XXX 12" or brahmas 12" does the 12JLW6V2 on par with it concerning my type of music?

it's not as good, it has the sound quality but not the output. The brahma and xxx are more on par with the w7, the w6v2 is around the adire koda's territory. But still, $200 is a great price, if that's new then I would do it. The w6v2 and the w7 are the only JL subs I wouldn't mind owning.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #28
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsm13

well at least threedd97 got what i was saying.

to break it down for thoes who dont know about what XBL^2 does....
The SX doesnt have XBL^2...
XBL^2 will only give a marginal SQ difference over your regular coildand single magnetic feild design if you listen tomusic that was created by an instrament, percusion, etc... well at least in the low end, up high it can make a marginal difference unless all you listen to is computergenerated techno.... because he says he mostly listens to Rap, Hip-Hop, etc... the music is mostly ocmptuergenerated, especially in the lower end...they dont record someone beating on a drum for the most part. and because what makes rap good is pounding away really loud....well most just wont tell the differnce between the too, some even say XBL^2 can make the notes too clear.
THus why i recomended the SX.... not only can it be slightly louder than the XXX but it has great SQ. just not as flat of a BL curve as the XXX which means at high excurison instances it will be slightly less precise when compared to the XXX... plus it will be cheaper than the XXX because RE doesnt have to pay adire for them to sell it....

its ok, i can understand where the mix up came with...

oh, as for the spelling, im planning on going to college to become a Chemical Engineer....as long as you can half way understand what i wrote and on important documents i can use spell check...im good....and i still start off a 50k a year in the Orlando area....
but i still try to keep it as gramatically correct as possible...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #29
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
but i still try to keep it as gramatically correct as possible...
eh? That was a REALLY hard paragraph to understand...and not technically all correct. I really don't get what you're TRYING to say about xbl^2...but it's all cool! peace

NG
Old 02-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #30
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

ok ok
XBL is great for rock, jazz, alternative, well really all types of music...but really shows no improvement in the rap/technobass area...

your regular voice coil and single magnetic feild can be good to great (great with alot of time and engineering put into it) for rock and all but it is equal with computer generated bass lines...

thats in non mombo jumbo chris fryman speak....
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio