Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Modifications/How To
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
deermjd
AF Newbie

How to Change Trans fluid in an 03 Tiburon

I am searching for DIY instructions on how to replace the transmission fluid on a Tiburon. The dealer quoted me $200 on a fluid flush and refill. I have experience changing trans fluid on other vehicles but I'm not familiar with the automatic transaxle on the Tiburon. To my knowledge, a repair manual (such as Haynes) does not exist for the Tiburon.

The car is a 03 Tiburon GT V6 with the auto transmission.
deermjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
computerdude14
AF Newbie

Re: How to Change Trans fluid in an 03 Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deermjd View Post
I am searching for DIY instructions on how to replace the transmission fluid on a Tiburon. The dealer quoted me $200 on a fluid flush and refill. I have experience changing trans fluid on other vehicles but I'm not familiar with the automatic transaxle on the Tiburon. To my knowledge, a repair manual (such as Haynes) does not exist for the Tiburon.

The car is a 03 Tiburon GT V6 with the auto transmission.
here is the exact instructions from alldata.

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE FLUID
REPLACEMENT
If you have a fluid changer, use this changer to replace the fluid. If you do not have a fluid changer, replace the fluid using following procedure.

1. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the transaxle case to drain the fluid.
2. Install the drain plug and gasket, and tighten to the specified torque. Tightening torque: 32 Nm (320 kg cm, 23 ft. lbs.)
3. Pour the new fluid in through the oil filler tube. CAUTION: Stop pouring if the full volume of fluid cannot be poured inch)
4. Repeat the procedure in step 1 if too much fluid was added.
5. Reconnect the hose that was disconnected in step 1 above, and firmly replace the oil level gauge.
6. Start the engine and run it at idle for 1-2 minutes.
7. Move the select lever through all positions, and then move it to the N position.
8. Drive the vehicle until the fluid temperature rises to the normal temperature (70-80°C), and then check the fluid level again. The fluid level must be at the HOT Mark.
computerdude14 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Modifications/How To